Senior Research Scientist (Data)
- Singapore, SingaporeSingapore, Singapore, SingaporeSingaporeSingaporeSingapore
- Full time
At Tokopedia, the focus of our data science team is to work on highly scalable data-driven products that have a massive impact on the business. If you are passionate about finding patterns in big data and developing prediction models, this is the place for you. Tokopedia encourages Nakama to be creative in building products, learning continuously, and solving interesting problems. We foster a culture where we enjoy raising the bar constantly for ourselves and others, and that strongly supports the
the freedom to explore and innovate. The role holder will be a subject matter expert in Machine Learning in Big Data environment and work closely with other stakeholders for continuous delivery. This the role will also be a key person for his expertise domain and serves as the go-to a person for the domain.
- Regularly engage with business teams to understand their needs and imperatives and operationalize a framework for deploying Machine Learning models
- Prototype and simulate use cases for Machine learning and ability to operationalize into workable algorithms & solutions.
- Maintain updated domain knowledge in his AI/ML expertise domain.
- Provide Deep Learning expertise to the Data Science team.
- Lead research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines.
- Lead research that enables learning the semantics of data (images, video, text, audio, speech and other modalities).
- Define and maintain team’s best research and engineering practice.
- Rigorous testing of algorithms as per business norms and delivering significant working leverage over status quo and generate value for the business.
- Deploy models in production environment and regular maintenance of production variables like Lift, Support, Confidence and continuous bootstrapping of sample cases for revalidation of results.
- Balance between complexity and maintainability of AI/ML algorithms.
- Bridge the gap between research and products with good communication skills and growth mindset.
- Ph.D. and 5+ publications in Machine Learning, AI, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data science, or related technical fields. 5+ years of experience in Applied Research with Deep Learning.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a good analytical approach and logical thinking.
- Solid coding skills in at least one programming language and good experience with more than two programming languages, i.e. Python, Go, C/C++, etc.
- Good understanding of different AI/ML models/algorithms.
- Familiarity with at least one Deep Learning framework.Experience of applying AI/ML algorithms in products. NLP, image processing expertise is a plus.
- Good communication skills.
- A humble team player.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
- Bahasa Indonesia is a plus.
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.