Quality Assurance Director | Pampanga
- Angeles, Philippines
- Full time
- Provide strategic direction and management for global apparel Quality Assurance for all / specific brands. Define, establish and administer policies, procedures, and systems necessary to consistently produce a high-quality product in the most efficient manner.
- Direct the Group’s Quality Assurance Organization on issues of quality in all phases of apparel manufacturing. Communicate as needed with QA management/staff on problem resolution, decision making, information exchange, and longer-term quality goals and objectives. Ensure QA is working in close cooperation and partnership with other business functions to achieve the set goals. Collaborate with Technical Development, Design, and Development, Sourcing, and Merchandising to ensure highest quality standards for products.
- Create the vision and develop and implement the strategic QA direction for the group’s manufacturing base, both on a short-term and long-term basis. Strive to balance effectiveness and efficiency. Actively explain and promote the vision and strategic direction through clear communication with regard to vision, work focus, and work expectations. Build infrastructure and tools needed to achieve the objectives defined in the QA strategy.
- Responsible for the AQL Quality Control Department in all the factories in-house and our subcontractors and making sure that AQL quality audits in each of the countries we manufacture in are following the correct procedures of inspection in both inline and final inspection so that the goods are meeting the customer’s acceptable quality levels before shipment.
- Responsible for the review and amendments of the internal quality systems into our factories and our sub-contractors and the retaining of the local employees in each of these countries to improve the quality performance levels of the factories and thus reducing the defect percentages and increasing shipment levels.
- Responsible for the Customer Service & Relationship Management, maintain cordial and professional relationships with customers and vendors to understand customer requirements and provide input back to customers, factories and our merchandising teams on overall quality management for the customers.
- Ensure technical superiority and the product quality / integrity of all / specific products.
- A degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Apparel Manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience, is an advantage
- Comprehensive working knowledge of garment construction methods and manufacturing operations.
- Working knowledge of garments and textile manufacturing processes, factory evaluation techniques and vendor compliance requirements.
- Thorough understanding of the process related to the construction of materials.
- Knowledge and a good understanding of related functions of forecasting, buy planning, factory loading, capacity planning, sourcing, costing.
- Technical training in fabric with mastery of technical processes in knits, woven apparel products.
- 10-15 years’ experience in Quality Assurance / Quality Control in a manufacturing, technical or sourcing environment
- 8-10 years supervisory experience
- Willing to be based in Clark, Philippines and travel overseas
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.