Team Lead | Development Team
- Taguig, PhilippinesTaguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
We are looking for an experienced software development team leader to help design and implement our various server software components including exchange connectivity, pricing, trading, command and control and risk management systems. We currently use Node.js / Typescript but may need to re-engineer some of the server side components in C++ in the future if required. Your primary focus will be the leadership and coordination of our Manila development team alongside detailed software design and hands-on development of the system components whilst ensuring high performance and operational reliability.
Business and Leadership Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Sydney team to get a strong understanding of business requirements.
- Recruit, train and integrate new team members and proactively support the continued development of existing team members.
- Build and promote a positive working environment for the team.
- Effectively manage team members including performance, development and conflict resolution with effective feedback.
- Proactively report to the Sydney team so that they are well informed of the work currently in development.
- Implement team goals and objectives
- Oversee the technologies, tools, standards and techniques used within the team.
- Assist with architecture and design of the production systems.
- Ensure that all software developed within the team satisfies the business requirements as specified.
- Write reusable, readable, testable, and efficient code.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant software components.
We just trust you to get the job done!
A bachelors or masters degree in computer science is preferred, but other university qualifications coupled with solid software development experience will also be considered.
A minimum of 7 years software development experience since university.
Interest and experience in cryptocurrencies, blockchain, financial markets or trading would be a bonus for applicants!
Project management skills
- Supervise, train and guide team members
- Be knowledgeable about each member of the Manila team, their strengths, weaknesses and effectiveness, whilst translating each of their behaviours into clear tasks and objectives to improve their individual performance.
- Ability to motivate others to achieve goals and generate confidence whilst respecting and supporting colleagues and team members to reach their full potential.
- Ability to identify current and future talent to contribute to business success.
- Display technical leadership and encourage it within others
- Ability to manage time effectively and direct others towards the same standards
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into everyday activity and guide and motivate others to do the same
- Demonstrates intellectual rigour, possess relevant abilities and able to pick up new skills quickly.
- Able to solve complex problems.
- Able to work well under pressure and be flexible, positive and focused during times of change.
- Travel to Sydney (all expenses paid) as required to meet with the leadership team there to work through requirements, architecture, design, leadership and other business issues.
Technical Skills And Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience of Node.js and frameworks available for it.
- Experience in C++ as our design is language agnostic and Node.js may become a performance bottleneck in certain places.
- Understand the nature of asynchronous programming.
- Understand fundamental design principles behind scalable applications.
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient understanding of coding tools, such as Git, Slack & Jira.
- Team skills - great verbal and written English communication skills - especially as our team is spread between Manila and Sydney.
- Experience with the Agile development methodology.
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.