Global Service Desk Engineer
- 20 openings
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 2 months ago
- Application deadline
- in 13 days
- Recruiter responds
- 60% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 3 days ago
- Information Technology / IT
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- 4th Floor King's Court II Bldg., Chino Roces Ave. cor. Dela Rosa Street, Makati City, Makati, Philippines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to contribute to the work group as a team player
- Customer service skills including the ability to work with customers in completing their circuit/service installations
- Familiarity of routing protocols like BGP,OSPF, EIGRP,RIP, RIP v2.
- Familiarity with MPLS, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, IPSec, TCP/IP, QoS,STP and WAN Optimization.
- Good understanding of OSI Layer 1 and 2 protocols
- Familiarity of Cisco and Juniper routers, Layer-2 and Layer-3 switches, Dial up modems, wireless devices
- Familiarity with circuits including working directly with circuit providers
- A firm understanding of the Windows Operating System
- A firm understanding of basic Windows OS troubleshooting concepts and protocols
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications
- An understanding of “ping” and “tracert” commands
- An understanding of basic network infrastructure
- An understanding of Windows Explorer and Firefox internet browsers
- Work a rotating shift schedule including weekends and holidays
- Vocational/technical training, Network A+ certification, customer service and CCNA are a plus
- An understanding of IP addressing schemes
- An understanding of firewall and antivirus applications
- An understanding of VPN client applications
- Hands-on experience
- Trouble ticket management – ensuring that all tickets for Virtela’s customer base are being properly worked and handled based on SLA and priority following the established GOC procedures and processes
- Directly interact with members of the GOC Operations and Security teams with regards to ticket escalation and triage, and will participate in overall collaboration efforts to resolve issues
- Monitor the general and security tickets queue within the Siebel ticketing system, providing the initial contact and incident validation and management for Virtela’s customers
- Field phone calls, emails, and e-tickets
- Work on special projects and daily assignments as assigned by the GOC Managers
You will play a crucial role in contributing to a Global Fortune 100 company.
You will be given a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package.
You will have access to learn about our unmatched technologies within the telecommunications and networking industries.
You will be part of an organization that develops employees and promotes real work-life balance.
Virtela is part of the NTT Group, the world's largest telecom company with over $130B (USD) in revenue, ranked #32 on the Global Fortune 500. NTT Group has 200,000+ employees around the world.
Virtela is the smart alternative for enterprise networking and virtualized IT services and offers the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies and talent around the world in serving our global enterprise clients.
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Joint the Virtela team today.