- Makati, Philippines23rd Floor, 105 H.V. Dela Costa , Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Threat Hunters investigates computer related crimes and security incidents within an organization. They discover the problem, mitigate the damages, and thoroughly investigate the situation. They observe and record all the necessary details throughout the entire process using a wide range of forensic tools to hasten and improve the results and perform the functions of the job. Prior experience in computer investigations or general computer forensics and other related incidents is necessary to be a Threat Hunter. The ability to obtain necessary security clearances and approvals from authorized personnel is a requirement prior to any action or investigation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Search out, identify and Understand adversaries internal to the defenders networks
- Proactively search for Threats to prevent or minimize damage
- Performs deep-dive incident analysis by correlating data from various sources; determines if a critical system or data set has been impacted; advises on remediation; provides support for new analytic methods for detecting threats
- Use computer forensic tools to examine and analyses electronic media in suspected computer hacking cases.
- Document findings in an easy to read format and be able to provide proper documentation/s as needed.
- Due to the technicality of the some computer related terms, one is expected to write reports in words that can be easily understood by everyone.
- As reports provided by the Threat Hunters could end up being used as evidence, Hunters may also be called to testify in court as a fact or expert witness.
- They are required to work with outside departments to develop incident remediation solutions.
- Responsible for containing and eradicating information security incidents
- Graduate of any four (4) or Five (5) year collegiate course preferably in the field of Information and Communication Technology.
- Work related experience of at least Three (3) years performing incident response, security incident analysis and computer forensics.
Should have an acceptable degree of knowledge with the following:
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) System
- IDS/IPS penetration, vulnerability testing
- Firewall intrusion detection, prevention, protocols
- Secure coding practices, ethical hacking and threat modelling
- Windows, Linux, & Unix Operating Systems
- Virtualization technologies
- Database platforms
- Identity and access manager principles
- Application security and encryption technologies
- Secure network architecture
- Subnets, DNS encryption technologies and standards, VPNS, VLANS and other network routing methods.
- Network and web related protocols.
- Advanced Persistent Threats (APT), phishing and social engineering, network access, controllers, anti-malware and enhanced authentication.
Certifications in at least four (4) of the following is an advantage:
- Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP Security)
- SANS GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- SANS GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- SANS GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP)
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.