- Makati, PhilippinesPaseo de Roxas , Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
In a nation where only 12 out of 100 children who enter Grade 1 will complete their education, access to quality education remains a challenge in the Philippines. You can help change this.
Teach for the Philippines (TFP) is a for-purpose, non-stock, non-profit organization that aims to accelerate education reform in the country by developing leaders with a deep understanding of the public school system as well as the drive and commitment to work towards positive and meaningful change.
Every year, we look for these promising young leaders all over the country—Filipinos driven by their desire to grow professionally, to become the best leader they can be, and to serve for a purpose which goes beyond oneself. Para sa bata at para sa bayan.
Our Fellowship Program aims to develop promising Filipinos into teachers who can significantly improve student learning outcomes and leaders who can spark positive changes in the public school communities and contribute to education reform. We do this by providing training, personalized coaching, and mentorship along with the transformative experience of working for and with our public school communities for two years.
Through the Fellowship Program, one gets access to a two-year leadership development opportunity that offers:
- A competitive entry-level salary
- Opportunity to earn 18 units of education and eligibility to take the Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET)
- 550+ hours of training and individualized coaching over the course of two years
- A holistic professional development program which aims to develop one’s leadership potential
- A culture of excellence, continuous improvement, and collaboration
- Continued involvement in the movement for education reform even beyond the two-year program
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
Candidates for the 2020 Fellowship Program will be invited to Summer Institute, a 7-week pre-service training, which will run from April to May 2020.
ADMISSIONS HACK: There are limited slots for the Fellowship Program every year, and we strongly recommend starting with your application early! An early application gives you more time to meet requirements and more opportunities to engage in activities designed to deepen your understanding of the work of a Fellow.
Individuals who meet the following requirements are eligible to apply for the program:
- Bachelor’s degree (any field!)
- College seniors graduating before or by April 2020 are eligible to apply
- Filipino citizenship or proof of eligibility to hold a Philippine passport
- Strong communication skills, both in English and Filipino
Who do we look for?
A Teacher Fellow’s success contributes to the success of our students and school communities. We are committed to finding individuals who are:
- Committed to Teach for the Philippines’ Core Values
- Committed to nation-building through education
- Willing to go where they are needed
- Able to lead oneself and others in the face of changes and challenges
- Persevering and optimistic in the face of challenges and ambiguities
- Open to grow both personally and professionally
- Committed to excellence
- Able to establish trust with others
Our movement’s vision for leading change is and will always be para sa bata at para sa bayan. You can lead this change, too – with us. Together, we can succeed in transforming our public school system to be the best it can be.
Start your application to the Fellowship Program!
- Job level
- Fresh Grad / Entry Level
- Job category
- Public Service and NGOs
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Paseo de Roxas, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Education Management
- 50 openings
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.