Solar Philippines is seeking a Land Acquisition Officer specialized in GIS, who will map our prospect sites for our solar farms in North and South Luzon, handle the land and lot acquisition process from identifying specific opportunities to closing, communicate and cultivate relationships with outside brokers, developers, and landowners to identify specific subdivisions and raw land tracts for acquisition, and shepherd acquisition process by coordinating in a timely manner with development department personnel as well as personnel from other company departments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for finding all kind of land acquisition opportunities and managing the whole process of land acquisition. This position must have close relationships with brokers, developers, city officials and land owners. This position should familiar with the whole process of land development not only land acquisition but also permitting requirements for developments. This position must be capable of analyzing the financial aspects of each development opportunity. In particular, the role is expected to perform the following:
- Develop/continue relationships with land developers and land owners in order to obtain developed lots and raw land in targeted areas.
- Maintain close relationships with developers, brokers, city officials and landowners to identify raw land tracts for possible acquisition.
- Use discretion and independent judgment to identify and evaluate various alternatives for lot and land acquisition and make recommendations to the Business Development Team of Solar Philippines.
- Negotiate deal terms with outside parties and assist in the negotiation of lot purchase and land purchase contracts.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all lot and land transactions within target markets.
- Perform market analyses to determine current and future demographic trends to guide lot and land acquisition activities and make recommendations regarding impact of trends on Company acquisition strategies.
- Conduct acquisition analysis studies, due diligence investigations, appraisal review, special business and economic studies.
- Remain knowledgeable about the development and platting process in all market areas.
- Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- With at least 6-years relevant working experience
- Should have close relationships with brokers, developers, city officials, and landowners.
- Ability to work effectively with development department personnel.
- Ability to complete tasks on short notice under extreme time constraints. Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability to perform statistical analysis on large amounts of data and provide market reports with a concise summary of data.
- Ability to organize, manage time effectively, evaluate alternative properties and courses of action and decide appropriate action in complex situations with multiple variables, and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel within assigned geographic territory.
- Should be driven, street smart and hardworking.
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.