- Maintains payroll related balance sheet accounts on general ledger
- Analyze payroll reports provided by third party payroll provider to ensure that all transactions are reflected correctly on the company’s general ledger; approximately 5,500 U.S. employees
- Coordinate with third party payroll tax company to validate payroll tax filings and payments for the current month
- Review payroll balance sheet accounts for any unusual activity and contact appropriate party for more details
- Verify, allocate, and post all expatriate related expenses; including but not limited to housing expense, travel expense, and international tax accruals; approximately 50+ expatriates and $750k monthly expense
- Interact with various business units regarding budget vs. actual for expatriates.
- Refer to third party tax consultants regarding expatriate tax accruals and estimates for duration of their assignment
- Work on the benefits, fringe, deferred cash and non-cash awards calculations, accruals and recording and reporting
- Work with external auditors for any ad hoc requests
- Works on monthly closing duties supporting the Business Units and Global controllers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact and collaborate with internal (employees) and external customers (vendors) at all levels including third parties to achieve results.
- Strong ability to analyze and resolve issues timely and efficiently while ensuring SOX compliance is imperative.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people globally supporting not only internal employees but also our external customers globally to resolve issues.
- High degree of accuracy and management of workload; understanding of contributions to the overall end-to-end process; ability to meet deadlines is critical.
- Must be able to work independently, be accountable for processes/tasks performed, and understand when an issue should be escalated to management.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated to achieve objectives; may be required to take a leading position for projects and initiatives.
- 3-5 years of payroll and benefits accounting and reconciliation experience required
- College level accounting degree preferred/CPA preferred
- Experience with Oracle cloud and system maintenance preferred.
- Willingness to learn our new systems and legacy systems at a fast pace.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required; the ability to interact and collaborate with internal and external customers at all levels of management and staff globally.
- Skills in dealing with offshore partners and communication.
- High degree of accuracy and management of heavy workload; understanding of contributions to the overall end to end process; possess a global perspective of how functions impact the company as a whole.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office Products specifically Outlook, Excel, Access, and Word.
- Must be assertive to follow up on resolving issues; ability to multi-task in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
- Must be able to work independently, be accountable for processes/tasks performed, and understand when an issue should be elevated to management.
- Flexible to work during the US working hours & Close schedule and render overtime when there is a strong business need
Perks and Benefits
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Single Parent Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Bank Reconciliation
- Microsoft / MS Excel
About S&P Global Philippines, Inc.
S&P Global is a leading provider of transparent and independent ratings, benchmarks, analytics and data to the capital and commodity markets worldwide. The Company’s divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. S&P Global has approximately, 20,000 employees in 31 countries.