- 5 openings
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 2 months ago
- Application deadline
- in 13 days
- Recruiter responds
- 0% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 6 days ago
- Information Technology / IT
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- 4F Finman Centre Building, 131 Tordesillas St., Makati, Philippines
- Database Administration (DBA)
- Knowledge of database, web and servers technologies, at least:
- SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014
- SSAS 2008, 2012, 2014
- SSIS 2008, 2012, 2014
- SharePoint 2010, 2013 (Administration)
- IIS 7.0
- FTP/ Secure FTP
- Use and support Microsoft Office and other Microsoft client products
- Knowledge about Kerberos and other authentication method
- Knowledge about SQL Server Load-balancing and Clustering
- Knowledge about SiteMinder or certificates (optional)
- Fundamental knowledge of ITIL processes
- Documentation skills
- Provides Technology/DBA Support to all central applications and databases ensuring overall system availability performance that meets business needs and security standards.
KEY RESULT AREAS and PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Database Administration (DBA) for all central applications
1. In charge of monitoring or administering daily process of all central applications to ensure that database and data are up-to-date in a timely and accurate fashion.
2. Ensures that all the central applications/ databases are operating and delivered to the business effectively within agreed SLA.
3. Ensures that all the central application/ database are regularly backed up.
4.Owns the L3 Support of the central applications’ databases and interfaces (Secure FTP, FTP, Email, Web, SiteMinder, etc).
B. Collaboration with other IT Services Team
Works with the Other IT Services teams like (Network, Servers, Workstations, Middleware, Security, etc.) to ensure IT infrastructure (network, servers, workstations, Axway, SiteMinder) are performing at predefined Operational Levels Agreement (OLA).
C. Disaster Recovery Plan
1. In charge of leading the DRP test of all the central applications.
2. Reviews the DRP design and provides input for DRP improvement.
3. Ensures that the DRP servers are being updated regularly as designed.
4. In charge of updating all the documents related to DRP.
5. In charge of implementing the DRP when the need arise.
1. Monitors the Central applications’ SQL jobs, server health and logs daily.
2. Keeps all documents of standard processes and Configuration Items (CI) of all the central applications up-to-date.
E. Problem Resolution
1.Provides support (e.g., break/fix, managing problem escalation, how to expertise, minor enhancements, monitoring, testing) for all the central applications and databases.
2. Performs problem and trend analysis, and recommendation to identify and correct repetitive problems and increase overall system availability and performance.
3. Perform immediate actions in case SQL jobs or system interfaces fail.
4. Provides immediate problem resolution or escalation through CCSN.
5. Provides training, how-to tips, problem remediation or service escalation to the Operations and the Development teams.
F. Central Security Services
1. In charge of providing central security services to the central applications’ server/databases.
2. Ensures that proper review and approval procedures are followed to grant users access to all central apps and databases.
3. Ensures that access are being reviewed quarterly and updated accordingly.
4. Ensures that the Server’s System Administrator passwords are changed annually, at least.
5. Owns the running of ad-hoc Qualys vulnerability scan and remediation of app-related findings.
G. Change Management
1. Ensures that Change Management process is being followed.
2. Ensures that any impact of changes to all central applications and databases has been assessed and roll-back plan has been determined and prepared (and tested).
H. Server Management
1. In charge of building the Development, Test and Production servers for the central applications for the system level (e.g., Database, IIS, other interfaces).
2. In charge of patching and testing the SQL server of the central applications with the company-approved version.
3. Ensures that all of the application components are working perfectly after the patching of the central application servers.
I. SharePoint Administration
1. Attend to service requests to implement configuration changes or deployments.. Developers don’t have access to server configurations and production so server admin will have to perform the deployment procedures and developers need to provide the detailed migration plan. He will need to test the procedures too in the test environment if needed
2. Trouble shoot or investigate server issues (performance, timer jobs, etc.) Investigate server or configuration issues.
Issues may usually be caused by change in the server configuration or patches installed which may have slipped testing.
3. Work on the operational requests, such as:
Installing, configuring, maintaining, upgrading and managing a SharePoint Server or a Farm. Include health monitoring of SharePoint farm
Configuring all service applications like Search, Metadata, UserProfile Synchronization etc. Not all services are enabled and configured as of today. Those not in use by applications are not enabled or configured. There may be requests like this to enable and configure services based on new feature requirements of apps in the future.
Creation of a Content DB and maintaining it. It involves maintenance of various logging databases in SQL Server. Compressing of logging Databases is also done by SharePoint admins since they grow in size considerably.
Configuring timer jobs depending on business requirements. Timer jobs are very important in SharePoint. One of the timer job is to back-up the sites every day. This is very important as it helps to restore the site to its previous version if any error occurs.
Training and supporting the business users in their day to day involvement in SharePoint sites. For instance uploading a document, starting an approval workflow etc.
Configuration of Business Connectivity Services for connecting to a SQL database or a WCF service if needed.