- Makati, Philippines3F DMCI Homes Corporate Office, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
- Proofread text and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors
- Verify factual correctness of information, such as dates and statistics
- Check text for style, readability, and adherence to editorial policies
- Arrange page layouts of photos, articles, and advertisements
- Rewrite text/s to improve clarity and readability
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Film Studies, Cinematography, Communications, or a related field.
A copy editor must have:
- excellent written English, including good spelling and grammar
- a meticulous approach to their work and an eye for detail
- the ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- an inquisitive mind
- good concentration, to focus on texts that may be lengthy or dull
- judgment in applying house style
- a tactful approach when dealing with authors/writers
- the ability to retain the author's 'voice' after editing.
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.