We are looking for talented Appraisers to join our growing team and work on a very exciting venture backed Fintech startup.
As the Appraiser, you will be tasked to appraise and evaluate Jewelries, Gadgets, Designer Items, Fine Art and/or any item of sound value which will be used as basis and collateral for the company’s short-term cash loan services. You are responsible in the proper care and handling of these items, and are expected to be knowledgeable in the latest trends in consumer goods and markets and have a sound judgment in providing decisions and analysis. Depending on your degree and/or expertise, you will be assigned to specialize in appraising and evaluating items suited to your skills.
- Although appraisers work in a variety of fields, the purpose of the job is consistent: to determine the value of an asset.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent English and Filipino communication skills – written and verbal
- Listening skills
- Proficient probing skills in evaluating the customer’s items
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines and productivity goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation, always provides information in an efficient and accurate manner
- Application of good judgment and decision making
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with stress effectively
- Knowledge of administration and clerical processes
- Jewelry Appraisers – must have been trained on gemology
- Electronics Appraisers – must be up-to-date with the newest trends in the electronics industry
- Designer Item Appraisers – must be knowledgeable of old and new designer items
- Art appraiser require a knowledge of the materials, style, and techniques employed by different artists in different periods.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Handle customer inquiries both telephonically and by email
- Manage and resolve customer complaints regarding appraisals
- Delivers accurate description of product and/or service to customers and take them through the sales process
- Maintains a high level of service with customers and meets performance targets
- Research required information using available resources
- Complete records of telephonic interactions, orders and accounts
- Contribution to the team's general knowledge of best practices for appraisals and customer relations
- Make recommendations according to customer’s needs of the product or service
- Openness to working with a team for a common goal and learning new things.
- Contributes to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to customer experience
- Continually maintain working knowledge of all company products, services and promotions
- Intermediate to advanced business writing - letters, email messages, meeting notes, and summaries
- It's important that the individual be meticulous, patient and, in many cases, determined.
- You must have a degree relating to Business OR Geology OR Information Technology OR Fashion, a working experience of relating to online services is an advantage.
Perks and Benefits
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Transportation Allowances
While the above are important to be able to do the role, we also place a high importance on getting the right people to be a part of our company and look to acquire talent that will play a long-term role in our continuing success. Some key personal skills / attributes that we look for are:
- Likeable – We are still a small focused team, you must be a good team player
- Approachable – You may work with more junior resources who will be looking to learn from you, as well as you learning from others
- Driven – You will bring the same approach to your work and to your career, always striving to improve and be the best that you can
- Be assertive; work towards 100 percent customer satisfaction, you will always strive to deliver the best customer service and deliver a “Wow!” experience
- Pragmatic – You will be able to prioritize and ensure that you meet the key goals
- Positive – You have a can-do attitude and are always able to work with those around you to solve problems
- Empathetic – You have an understanding of others and are able to adapt your style to achieve the best from your interactions
- Passionate – You are dedicated and single minded when pursuing a goal, you work in a discipline that you love
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.