- Pasay, PhilippinesPasay, Metro Manila, PhilippinesPasayMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
We require an individual with strong expertise and experience in the area of procurement in order to initiate and drive the procurement programs of the Company. The position requires a sense of urgency in getting tasks and responsibilities performed effectively and efficiently.
Due to the fast-paced job environment, the position requires an individual who keeps abreast of current developments in the field of purchasing, prices, market conditions, customs regulations and new products / services related to the business of the company. The successful candidate will be skilled at negotiations.
The position is expected to cooperate and support colleagues and bring forward relevant matters within own area of responsibility.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- End-to-end procurement responsibility, i.e. from procurement plans to verification of correct delivery. This includes the establishment of a Supplier Management framework, plus daily procurement tasks;
- Supplier management, including contract development and audit;
- Import and export process;
- Risk assessment and mitigation in any procurement activities.
The Procurement Officer position is responsible for the following:
- Analyze, develop and implement a Procurement program, aiming to reduce Odfjell’s spend across all procurement strategies. This must include a thorough revision of relevant policies and processes;
- Analyze procurement requirements and select the most appropriate methods based on interpretation and assessment of established corporate policies and practices;
- Handle procurement including contract development, management and negotiation plus risk assessment and –mitigation for these activities;
- Sources and verifies authenticity and credibility of suppliers;
- Builds strong working relationships with key suppliers with long-term cooperation as an objective;
- Acts as the focal point in procurement activities (including supplier sourcing and negotiations) for all Company projects involving acquisition of goods and services.
- Ensures compliance to government regulations involving import/export which includes regular filing of certificates of import license
- You are a college graduate in Science or Management or its equivalent;
- You have 3 years’ experience in Corporate Procurement;
- You are familiar with imports and Custom’s regulations;
- You work well under pressure, can take ownership of work and ensure exceptional follow-through;
- You are able to multitask and work independently;
- Has high levels of critical and analytical focus;
- You have strong negotiation skills;
- High proficiency in using Microsoft tools;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Gym Membership
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.