Residence Club Supervisor
- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 2 months ago
- Application deadline
- in 11 hours
- Recruiter responds
- 26% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- a month ago
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- 1588 Pedro Gil corner M.H. del Pilar Sts. Malate, Manila,, Philippines, Manila, Philippines
- Ideally with a relevant degree or diploma in Leisure management or hospitality/tourism management.
Good problem solving, administrative and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Minimum 2 years work experience as club supervisor in larger operation.
- Required skills
- The ability to produce high quality work in a consistent and reliable manner, in support of hotel’s standards and processes
- The ability to identify priorities, solve problems, produce desired results and be accountable for commitments
- The ability to build relationships within and across functions, balance individual and team goals, respect others and value different perspectives.
- The ability to listen actively and identify appropriate messages and delivery methods to effectively influence others.
- The ability to initiate action, make decisions, adapt, drive change, use resources efficiently and solve problems quickly, creatively and practically
- The ability to identify needs, shape actions and add value to relationships based on a central focus of customer satisfaction
Assists to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the club within the rooms division
- Assists in the preparation and updates of the club departmental operations manual.
- Conducts regular communications meetings in the absence of the assistant manager.
- Assists to ensure that all club associates deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
- Assists to ensure that club associates also provide excellent service to internal customers as appropriate.
- Ensures that all club associates are aware of current promotions, policies and other important information.
- Ensures that all club associates are familiar with the hotel’s products and services.
- Implements consistent guest recognition programmes and maintains a relevant guest history database.
- Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
- Personally and frequently verifies that guests are receiving the best possible service during check-in and check-out.
- Spends time in club during peak periods to ensure that all areas are managed well by the respective team and delivers the brand promise.
- Ensures that guest history records are accurately maintained and all repeat guests are pre-registered.
- Assist in maximising associate productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
- Assists to ensure that the club operates with the lowest possible cost structure while also delivering on the brand promise to the guest, proactively managing costs based on key performance indicators.
- Assists in monthly reforecast, as appropriate.
- Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
- Ensures the strict control of room keys.
- Assists in securing external guest accommodation in overbooking situations.
- Ensures that public areas are clean and up to standard.
- Ensures that all daily arrival V.I.P. rooms, special request rooms, and long stay guest rooms are pre-blocked in advance, that Housekeeping is notified and that each room is prepared with the appropriate welcome amenities.
- Ensures that all V.I.P. and long stay guests are met on arrival by an assistant manager.
- Works closely with the housekeeping and engineering departments to block rooms as necessary for maintenance.
- Responds to the results of the consumer audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
- Works closely with other management personnel in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
- Ensures that the club associates work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments.
- Ensures that all guest details are entered correctly in accordance with the principles of clean data.
- Ensures that the club lounges are clean, tidy and well stocked with updated reading materials.
- Assists to ensure the punctuality and appearance of all club associates, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
- Conducts annual performance development discussions with club associates, supports them in their professional development goals.
- Plans and implements effective training programmes for all club associates in coordination with the training and development manager and departmental trainers.
- Supports departmental trainers through ongoing feedback and assistance at monthly meetings.
- Develops the skills and effectiveness of all club associates through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
- Encourages associates to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
- Ensures that associates have a complete understanding of and adhere to associate rules and regulations.
- Ensures that associates follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
- Reads the hotel's associate guidebook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
- Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in associate and industrial relations.
- Exercises responsible behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel team.
- Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
- Responds to changes in the rooms function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
- Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Willingly attends hotel training sessions as scheduled to improve skills and knowledge.
- To attend departmental communication meetings as scheduled.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
New World Manila Bay Hotel is a five-star hotel experience in the heart of Manila. Guests will enjoy the convenience of easy access to domestic and international airport, the Manila business district, Mall of Asia - the largest shopping center in the city, and historical attractions such as Intramuros, Rizal Park, Chinatown, and Cultural Center of the Philippines. The hotel features 376 guestrooms and suites, Residence Club Living Room, six dining outlets, an outdoor pool, a fitness center and spa. Meeting and event space includes a ballroom and four meeting rooms perfect for social events, corporate meetings and conferences.