Front Office Supervisor
- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 2 months ago
- Application deadline
- in a day
- Recruiter responds
- 26% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- a month ago
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- 1588 Pedro Gil corner M.H. del Pilar Sts. Malate, Manila,, Philippines, Manila, Philippines
- Preferably male candidates.
- Ideally with a relevant degree or diploma in Hospitality or Tourism management.
- Good problem solving, administrative and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Minimum 2 years work experience hotel operations.
Required Skills: Ability to perform the following
- Initiate action, make decisions, adapt, drive change, use resources efficiently and solve problems quickly, creatively and practically
- Identify needs, shape actions and add value to relationships based on a central focus of customer satisfaction
- Produce high-quality work in a consistent and reliable manner, in support of hotel’s standards and processes
- Identify priorities, solve problems, produce desired results and be accountable for commitments
- Build relationships within and across functions, balance individual and team goals, respect others and value different perspectives.
- Listen actively and identify appropriate messages and delivery methods to effectively influence others.
Assists in the smooth and efficient running of the front office department within the rooms division
- Ensures information on restaurants, hotel facilities and other miscellaneous are updated periodically.
- Submits all guests/associates incident reports.
- Reports and records “Lost and Found” items.
- Ensures that all front office associates deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
- Ensures that front office associates provide excellent service to internal customers as appropriate.
- Ensures that all front office associates are familiar with the hotel’s products and services, current promotions, policies and other important information
- Assists to implement consistent guest recognition programs and maintains a relevant guest history database.
- Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- Personally and frequently verify that guests are receiving the best possible service during check-in and check-out.
- Ensures that the area is managed well by the respective team and deliver the brand promise.
- Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
- Ensures that guest history records are accurately maintained and all repeat guests are pre-registered.
- Coordinates VIP movements with relevant departments as advised.
- Assists to maximize associate productivity through the use of multi-skilling, and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
- Focuses attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment.
- Ensures that hotel, company, and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of information.
- Assists the front office management team in efficiently managing the department according to the established concept statement providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times
- Ensures the strict control of room keys.
- Liaises and organizes with housekeeping department that the established cleaning schedules for VIP’s in - house and arrivals are strictly adhered to.
- Coordinates all repair and maintenance and reports maintenance job orders.
- Understands rate structure and promotional rates available.
- Responds to the results of the consumer audit and ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
- Ensures that front office associates work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments.
- Works closely with other management personnel in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
- Ensures that all guest details are entered correctly in accordance with the principles of clean data.
- Assists to ensure the punctuality and appearance of all front desk associates, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
- Assist in conducting annual performance development discussions with club associates, supports them in their professional development goals.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of effective training programs for all front desk associates in coordination with the departmental trainers.
- Supports departmental trainers through ongoing feedback and assistance at monthly meetings.
- Assist in developing the skills and effectiveness of all front desk associates through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
- Assist in preparing and posts weekly work schedules, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
- Encourages associates to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognizing them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
- Ensures that associate have a complete understanding of and adhere to associate rules and regulations.
- Ensures that associate follow all hotel, company, and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
- Reads the hotel's associate guidebook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health, and safety.
- Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
- Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in associate and industrial relations.
- Exercises responsible behavior at all times and positively representing the hotel team
- Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
- Responds to changes in the rooms function as dictated by the industry, company, and hotel.
- Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Willingly attends hotel training sessions as scheduled to improve skills and knowledge.
- To attend departmental communication meetings as scheduled.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
New World Manila Bay Hotel is a five-star hotel experience in the heart of Manila. Guests will enjoy the convenience of easy access to domestic and international airport, the Manila business district, Mall of Asia - the largest shopping center in the city, and historical attractions such as Intramuros, Rizal Park, Chinatown, and Cultural Center of the Philippines. The hotel features 376 guestrooms and suites, Residence Club Living Room, six dining outlets, an outdoor pool, a fitness center and spa. Meeting and event space includes a ballroom and four meeting rooms perfect for social events, corporate meetings and conferences.