General Ledger Accountant (US)
- Quezon City, Philippines1880 Avenue Building, Quezon City, National Capital Region, PhilippinesQuezon CityNational Capital RegionPhilippines
- Full time
The General Ledger (GL) Accountant will be responsible for performing day-to-day accounting functions as well as support other corporate accounting operations for the GL Accounting Team to ensure accurate, complete and timely information are reported and its entities’ financial statements. The candidate should have demonstrated GL accounting experience, strong communication skills, both oral and written, solid analytical abilities and excellent organization skills. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated, detail-oriented candidate to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Prepares general ledger journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations and analyses for areas assigned such as, but not limited to, PO accrual and GRIR process, Fixed Assets, Leases, Goodwill and Intangibles, recurring and non-recurring accruals, Prepaids and Other assets.
- Maintain and monitor GL activities to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and operational controls, including SOX compliance
- Assists in the analytical reviews of operating expense data by comparing monthly actuals to forecast or trends to ensure that expenses are accurately recorded on a monthly basis.
- Prepare audit schedules or management reports as needed
- Perform ad hoc analysis for Finance and Tax, and other inter-departmental teams as needed
- Participate in special projects such as process improvement and documentation.
- Provide support and training to various members of the team (knowledge share and cross-training).
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent (CPA certification is a plus)
- Experience: minimum 2-3 years of general accounting/GL experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP required
- Experience in multinational company preferred
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.