Manager of Administration - Jakarta
- Tanahabang, Indonesia
- Full time
The Manager of Administration overseas multiple office support functions (i.e. Office Services, Assistant Support, IT, HR, etc.) with a focus on ensuring superior customer service and cost-effective management. Reporting to the Office/Location Manager and/or Director of Administration, the role leads people with varying areas of specialization and orchestrates their activities.
- Work with the Firm leadership to design support strategies, set priorities, and manage communications with relevant personnel.
- Manage operations of relevant functions/departments, including continuously refining the support model(s), processes, workflow, overseeing team member assignments, and ensuring the development and use of effective systems.
- Oversee day-to-day support delivery of relevant functions/departments.
- Manage staff size for relevant functions/departments; lead the recruiting, development, deployment, coaching, and evaluation of functional team leaders and/or team members.
- Where appropriate, manage ongoing relationships with external vendors, including negotiating contracts.
- Create budgets for relevant functions/departments and monitor/manage expenditures.
- Help develop, interpret and apply function-related policies, including managing exceptions.
- Contribute to office and Firm initiatives as necessary.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other cells (e.g., offices, Firm functions, global/regional shared service centers) to ensure seamless delivery of services.
- Participate in broader cell leadership team by leading and participating in various initiatives that may overlap with or are outside of own department.
- Take on other ad hoc responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
5+ years relevant management experience, ideally in a professional services environment.
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- University degree. Advanced qualifications an advantage.
- Deep knowledge of one or more functional areas and experience in other relevant areas (i.e. HR, Office Services, Assistant Support, IT, Facilities, etc.).
- Solid knowledge of Windows and Lotus Notes applications.
- Outstanding administrative and project management skills; presence and credibility with senior leadership; strong problem solving skills; strong leader, coach, and people developer; maturity, self-confidence, and judgment.
The right individual will earn credibility by making real personal contributions, demonstrate individual value and exercise leadership by example rather than direction. S/he will seek to enhance the relationships that already exist between the leaders of the support functions and the Partners.
The individual will be working with top caliber people and could achieve considerable personal growth in the role and in the Firm (although not in the traditional corporate hierarchical sense). S/he will have substantial independence and freedom in setting his/her own professional development path while contributing to the development of the McKinsey practice in the South East Asia Office.
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- Administration and Coordination
- Educational requirement
- Graduated from college
- Office Address
- Wisma GKBI, Jl. Jend. Sudirman, Bend. Hilir, Tanahabang, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 10210, Indonesia
- Management Consulting
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.
About McKinsey & Co Indonesia
McKinsey in Indonesia
We help many of Indonesia’s leading enterprises drive growth, transform operational and organizational performance, shape new business models, build leadership capabilities, and accelerate economic development. We serve clients across all major sectors—including oil and gas, mining, financial services, telecom and media, consumer industries, travel and logistics, and the public sector.
We have been present in Indonesia since 1988, and our office was McKinsey’s first in Southeast Asia. Our consultants are drawn from the brightest talent from Indonesia and around the world, and our alumni hold leadership positions in many of the country’s established businesses and entrepreneurial start-ups as well as public and social sector organizations.
Our work is backed by extensive knowledge development. Our report, “The archipelago economy: Unleashing Indonesia’s potential,” launched by the National Economic Council in 2012, showed how Indonesia—the world’s fourth most populous country—can become a leading global economy. We also regularly publish key research to support the growth of Indonesia’s consumer, digital, energy, infrastructure, and financial services sectors.