Planner/Buyer (For Pooling)
- 4 openings
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 5 months ago
- Application deadline
- in 5 months
- Recruiter responds
- 61% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 6 hours ago
- Aviation / Aerospace
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- Lufthansa Technik Philippines Inc. MacroAsia Special Economic Zone, Pasay, Philippines
(1) College graduate preferably a graduate of any BS Engineering course.
(2) At least two (2) years related work experience in the field of material planning and procurement, or as may deemed to be qualified by superiors/Management.
(3) Must have good oral and written communication skills, including negotiating skills/abilities.
(4) Computer literate with working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word.
Authorities and Responsibilities
(1) Responsible for planning, procuring and controlling of aircraft materials and services, and the general use of materials and services required to support the company’s operation.
(1) Validates user-generated requisitions for materials, tools, equipment and/or services.
(2) Initiates timely requisition/procurement of materials, tools, equipment and/or services in anticipation/preparation of scheduled and/or unscheduled maintenance events.
(3) Maintains optimum level of class C (consumables, expendables, raw materials) inventory by determining the appropriate safety stock, setting the correct reorder level, and validating reorder requisitions generated from warehouse.
(4) Maintains optimum level of general supplies by determining the appropriate safety stock, setting the correct re-order level and validating reorder requisitions generated from warehouse.
(5) Maintains optimum level of rotable and reparable inventory owned by LTP or its customers, by monitoring and ensuring timely maintenance of components, replenishment of scrapped components and identification of additional inventory.
(6) Analyzes spend behavior and inventory turnover to develop systems and formulate control measures to keep optimum level of inventory.
(7) Procures validated material and/or services requirements from approved vendors in a timely and cost-effective manner, through individual orders, or through contractual arrangements.
(8) Solicits and obtains vendor bids/quotations, negotiates for best possible commercial terms for the materials and/or services being purchased and recommendeds vendor to order from.
(9) Generates applicable requisitions and orders in the system.
(10) Provides assistance to mechanics, storekeepers and other personnel in determining part number specifications and interchangeabilities.
(11) Procures acceptable materials and/or services that have appropriate and complete documentation, and material certificates.
(12) Obtains requirements for accreditation by Quality Management for vendors not in the approved vendors list (AVL).
(13) Communicates with the Technical Services Department (TS), to make certain the technical acceptability of materials and/or services being purchased, repaired or exchanged.
(14) Monitors follows-up and updates changes, if any, to the orders in the system, to make certain materials or services being purchased, items farmed out for repair are returned/received timely.
(15) Expedites rush orders, when necessary, to meet operational demands.
(16) Performs market research and keeps abreast of material management tools and technology.
(17) Validates invoices, resolves payment reject notices and receiving rejection notices timely, in order not to have adverse effects on the supply of materials and services.
(18) Complies with and supports in the implementation of prescribed work performance standards, corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
(19) Performs all other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
(20) Actively reports safety hazards and incidents in the tasks he/she performs.
(21) Complies with the established safety rules / requirements.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Legal Assistance Plans
- Employee Discounts
- Transportation Allowances
- Performance Bonus