Legal and Compliance Officer
- Makati, PhilippinesUnit 28B, Unit 32AD BPI-Philam Life Makati, 6811 Ayala Avenue Makati City 1226, Philippines, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
As In-house Counsel (Compliance Officer) you will report to the Global Head of Finance, Legal and HR and work closely with the CEO.
Your duties will be:
- To negotiate, draft and review agreements such as IT related service agreements (relating to an online platform, apps and relevant products), license agreements, employment agreements, consultancy agreements, sales, and purchase agreements, NDAs, LOIs, MOAs, etc.;
- Responsible for all Intercompany contracts and ensure that these comply with the necessary relevant statutory provisions;
- As Compliance Officer: being responsible for general compliance (including group wide (international) compliance); reporting to the board and other relevant bodies;
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies;
- Ensure compliance with local and global data privacy laws including GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation);
- Responsible for the dissemination and analysis of new or revised laws and regulations on compliance issues, compliance training, and the overall compliance procedures;
- Dealing with general IP registration and processing (focusing on trademarks and domains) including relevant licensing;
- Prepare reports or documents for external regulatory bodies as appropriate;
- As Corporate Secretary: amongst other corporate secretarial duties being responsible for preparation, participation (where required) of relevant meetings and drafting of minutes and circulation thereof;
- Legal guidance and support for the complete life cycle of Lamudi’s products including but not limited to key partners in Business Development, HR, Operations, Product, Finance and IT.
- You are a fully trained lawyer (preferably with experience in international corporate and commercial transactions).
- You are experienced and have knowledge in Singapore law regarding contracts and corporate legal matters.
- You have at least 3-years of work experience as a lawyer within an international operating entity or as a lawyer focused on corporate matters.
- You have a proven track record of quickly learning new areas of law and providing pragmatic risk-based advice and can work independently.
- You are a highly collaborative person who supports their colleagues, who the champions our mission and wants to win as a team.
- Your analytical and structured approach will allow you to quickly grasp complex issues and to accurately display results even under time pressure.
We offer significant learning and growth opportunities in a fast-scaling, successful internet business.
We work with experienced and highly entrepreneurial colleagues who's focus shall be to help you grow.
We provide a very attractive work environment in the heart of Makati's business area
We are proud of our highly dynamic, young, motivated, and international team with flat hierarchies.
If you want to become a part of our highly motivated, successfully thriving, international team, send us your application! We look forward to hearing from you!
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- 28th Floor BPI-Philam Life Makati, 6811 Ayala Avenue Makati City 1226, Philippines, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Online Real Estate Marketing
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.