- Makati, Philippines301, 916 Arnaiz Ave Suite 301 Brgy San Lorenzo Makati City, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full time
Our office is a private venture builder and family office that has committed resources exclusively to Filipino startups. We are looking for young, driven individuals who want to become an Accounting Intern in our growing organization.
Successful candidates will be able to learn real-world business experience thereby preparing them for a promising finance and accounting career in the future. You will be exposed to accounting systems from Xero and QuickBooks to Microsoft’s Dynamic GP while also getting to learn with the CPAs and CFOs.
In this program, interns can gain experience in using accounting systems— from Xero and QuickBooks to Microsoft’s Dynamic GP, work with CPAs and CFOs, and encode simple spreadsheets and worksheets onto accounting systems. Here are other duties and responsibilities for this position:
- Works alongside financial analysts, accounting auditors, and other finance executives on determining businesses and opportunities.
- Learns how to navigate in the world of privately-held businesses in the Philippines and how to determine established and proven indicators of value.
- Proficient in the fundamental financial and accounting practices with a keen interest in open-source tools, which we will teach you.
- Learn how to data-mine and research premium information subscriptions such as JSTOR, Bloomberg, TheInformation, and others.
- Learn how to "read between the lines" by deciphering certain words in media and other communication formats such as conference calls, a startup's Medium blog, etc.
- As it requires a lot of initiative on your part, you have to be highly proficient and systematic.
- Be a prodigious reader. Don't think you can't learn anything new. Don't think because something's worked for you one way in the past, that that's the way things work in general—universally.
- Work hard. Get more done in a day than a hundred of your contemporaries could in a year.
*Allowances will be provided
- Must be graduating student/fresh graduate from any reputed universities and colleges, preferably with Accounting, Business Management, and Finance courses.
- Tech-savvy and proficient in using the following platforms: G Suite, Google Spreadsheet, Asana, Slack, Microsoft Office 365, Windows 10 Pro, and Chrome OS.
- School requirements: Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) from the academic institution, registration form, and School ID.
- Knows how Xero accounting software works even as a beginner.
- Assists in accounting-related tasks such as encoding daily transactions, bills, receipts, and SOAs through Xero; recording and monitoring billing statements; preparing bills, invoices, debit/credit notes; and analyzing some financial statements.
- Must have coursework related or relevant to finance, accounting, and business.
- It is imperative that your coursework and work experience have already exposed you to terms such as bottom line, gross margin, fixed costs, variable costs, equity, debt, leverage, "concentration,” CAPEX, and other terms that you’re already familiar with their inherent concepts and principles.
- You have to be a computer and tech-savvy so that you pick up new technical skills without too much assistance.
- In your application, select a topic (bootstrapping, financing options for startups, convertible debt, cap table, lean startup) and write a paragraph about it.
- Proficient in encoding financial formulas into Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Project, etc.) and Google Apps / G Suite (Spreadsheets and how to link to public data stores like Forex sources)— and can figure things out on services like Airtable (some of us at the office MVP stuff on there).
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Willing to work in Makati City.
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.