1. Monitors established or developing social media stories for potential local, Cebu-based
follow-up and/or supplemental stories, especially Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram,
plus chat apps Line, Kakao, WeChat, Viber.
2. Monitors standard media for potential local social media stories as well as national stories of
interest to the Cebu audience, especially key websites and wire services.
3. Amplifies CDN Digital and other Inquirer content on social media, especially by promoting
stories, highlighting connections, and participating in comment threads.
4. Writes local social media-specific stories for Inquirer.net’s social media platforms
5. Writes longer stories on local news and features for publication on CDN Digital and other
Inquirer platforms, on occasion.
6. Conceptualizes and develops local features or special content for social media, including
photos and video, on occasion.
7. Performs remote General Assignments work for other Inquirer.net news desks on occasion.
8. Performs other related tasks as may be assigned.
Education: Journalism or equivalent
1. Must be based in or willing to relocate to Cebu
2. In-depth knowledge of all things Cebu
3. Required dialects: English, Cebuano, Filipino
4. Must be able to thrive working in a virtual/remote setting
Work Experience: Six (6) months work experience required
Knowledge and Skills :
● With computer, communication and writing skills
● Creative, insightful, street smart, digital savvy
● Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community
development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc.
● Understanding of popular social networks – design, functionality, users
● Demonstrates ability to produce community management guidelines and documents that
reflects the holistic understanding and implementation of the role of social media and its
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Single Parent Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Performance Bonus
- Life Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Mass Communication