Executive Sous Chef
- Quezon City, Philippines2/F Topy's Place Bldg. 4, Economia St. Cor. Calle Industria, Bgy. Bagumbayan, Libis, Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Baking Therapy, a new concept from Healthy Options, opens up unimagined array of gustatory emotions to lift your mood and awaken your senses. Freshly baked by hand every day, our artesan and gluten-free breads, and pastries combine pleasure and good healthy balance, made from natural ingredients selected for their qualities in nutrition and flavor.
We're looking for an Executive Sous Chef who will support the Executive Chef in boosting the overall profitability of the business, by ensuring maximum efficiency, quality and standard production. This role will be based in our commissary.
- Ensure Baking Therapy best practices, hygiene & food safety management are followed
- Train bakers and pastry cooks with the help of the Executive Chef
- Supervise the team of bakers and pastry cooks
- Manage the output and production operations of the commissary
- Collaborate with Executive Chef for R&D and menu planning
- Create and submit production reports and ensure proper documentation of recipes
- Responsible for completing the orders for delivery
- Audit the kitchen’s cleanliness and staff efficiency every shift
- Assist the Executive Chef in managing the commissary in his/her absence, including incidental decision making and other administrative tasks
- Assist the executive chef in monitoring stocks--raw and finished
- Check that inventory practices are being followed to minimize wastage and adhere to operational budgets
- At least 2 years of experience in bread and pastries production or any related role in a commissary/central kitchen
- With experience in leading a team
- Culinary Diploma/Certificate or 5 years of experience in medium volume bakery is an advantage but not a requirement
- Sound knowledge of standard recipes and food cost management, food safety, hygiene and sanitation practices, inventory management and budget control
- Comfortable in working under pressure and handling multiple responsibilities, including making sound decisions.
- Problem solver and resourceful
- Familiar with baker's percentage
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Can carry heavy loads (e.g. flour sacks) and is physically fit
- Can understand and write in English and Filipino
- Flexible in terms of schedule (must be willing to work early in the morning and open to overtime work; 6-day work week)
- Is a non-smoker (non-negotiable)
- Weight must be proportionate to height
WHY JOIN US?
- Be part of Asia’s largest all-natural product retailer for 24 years!
- Enjoy our beautiful and employee –friendly stores/office, with cute office pets in our HQ.
- Experience on-the-job skill development and mentoring program.
- Learn from our in-house and external trainings.
- Grow and challenge yourself to join our leadership development program.
- Work in a Company that values an entrepreneurial mindset on the job.
- Feel secure in our above industry compensation package.
- Join an organization that has a high retention rate, where people love where they work.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Employee Discounts
We pride in providing competitive compensation packages:
- Monthly Perfect Employee Reward - monetary benefit
- Monthly Product Allowance
- Inventory Control
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Food Storage and Safety
- Safety and Sanitation
- Attention to Detail
- Leadership skills
- Culinary Arts
- Hotel, Restaurant & Institution Management [Culinary Arts Track]
- Tourism & Hospitality Management [Culinary Management]
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- Skilled Trade
- Educational requirement
- Completed associate's degree
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- 2/F Topy's Place Bldg. 4, Economia St. Cor. Calle Industria, Bgy. Bagumbayan, Libis
- Retail Industry
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.