Höegh Autoliners is a people-driven company with the belief that businesses should not only be forming lasting services but also lasting careers. We want to work with people who are incredibly team-oriented, jump head-first into a challenge, and always maintain a high-bar for excellence.
If that sounds like the type of team you want to join, we can’t wait to meet you!
A Little About Us
Höegh Autoliners is a global player in Ro/Ro deep sea transportation services and operates the greenest fleet in this segment. The company owns and operates approx. 40 Pure Car and Truck Carriers (PCTCs) in global trade systems, making around 3 000 port calls yearly. Managed from a worldwide network of around 16 offices, our main customers are major manufacturers of new cars, heavy machinery and other rolling stock. We are working towards a goal of zero emissions by 2040 and have an exciting roadmap to achieve this.
A Lot About You
You are a dedicated Back End Developer with practical and hands-on experience in back-end development as well as strong background in Java. You have the ability to transform a dated stack into something automated, modern, containerized and potentially serverless. You understand why microservices and UNIX principles are important. Your core not only burns for Java as you are also interested to learn other programming languages.
In this role, you will participate in all aspects of product development and work with requirements and coding them into microservices together with a highly skilled and transformative team that works in an agile and lean manner. You will drive awareness and importance of clean code and you are no stranger to common programming patterns. You may be familiar with cloud development and may know what it takes to structure software components and dependencies into one that is cloud native. You may have delivered APIs that are stateless and idempotent and runs on immutable infrastructure. Do not worry if you don’t, we love to bring a keen mind on this journey!
You will work in our Manila office and will directly report to the IT Development & Digitalisation Manager. This is a temporary work from home job opportunity.
- Develop APIs using lean Java stack for optimal scalability and reliability
- Server-side coding and debugging with Java and SQL databases
- Participate in a Scrum process and in cooperation with the team, the end result is tested in establishing regression and launched to production - the goal is to ascertain feedback immediately and to continuously improve.
- Scalability and performance optimization
- Unit and integration test automation
- Contribute and adhere to quality control coding standards and best practices
- Third line support and defect correction
- Participate in API creation and RESTful services implementation
- Monitor the build, test and other software quality-oriented status during the CI/CD pipeline
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical qualification
- Practical Back-end development and deployment experience
- Worked with either Springboot, Dropwizard, micronaut.io
- Hands-on experience with automated testing and writing good maintainable tests
- Experience with Java and PL/SQL Coding
- Track record of successfully establishing standards for coding, building and deployment
- Understand HTTP and other typical web standards
- Knowledge and experience in designing APIs RESTful services and message-based systems
- Worked with CI/CD tooling and methods
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Must be willing to work for 15-months fixed-term employment
Nice To Have
- Familiarity and experience with some NoSQL technologies
- Worked with J2EE and knowing all the pitfalls
- DevOps interests and experience with Docker
We believe that building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment for working and learning leads to a better workplace, better ideas and more inspiring conversations.
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
About Höegh Autoliners Regional Operating Headquarter
Höegh Autoliners Company Profile Höegh Autoliners is a leading global provider of transportation and logistics services within the Roll-on Roll-off (Ro/Ro) segment. Our fleet of Pure Car and Truck Carriers (PCTCs) sailing in global trade systems combined with our local presence enable us to cater for the specific needs of each customer.
What we do We offer our customers safe and secure deep sea transportation of Ro/Ro cargo such as cars, high and heavy machinery and breakbulk. Each year, we transport around two million car equivalent units (ceu) as well as other rolling and static cargo. We have experience with a wide variety of cargo and will do our utmost to ensure that you receive the service you and your cargo require. We also offer logistics services mostly through joint ventures where we have invested in terminals and short sea as well as land-based logistics solutions. This cooperation between companies in the supply chain provides our customers with efficient and flexible cargo handling.
Ownership Höegh Autoliners Holdings AS is a Norwegian company owned by two shareholders: Leif Höegh & Co. Holdings AS as majority shareholder (61.25 per cent) and A.P. Moller - Maersk A/S (38.75 per cent).
Organisation Our corporate head office is located in Oslo, Norway but we employ approximately 400 people from 28 nationalities who are working out of 16 offices around the globe. We are organised in four geographical regions, each with its own Regional Head Office. In addition we employ 1200 seafarers, mainly from the Philippines and China, through our ship management company Höegh Technical Management Inc.
Our vessels Höegh Autoliners operates a fleet of owned and long-term charter PCTCs with capacity ranging from 2 300 to 8 500 ceu. Over the last five years our fleet has undergone a renewal, with many old vessels being phased out and new being built or chartered in. Today the average age of our fleet is around 10 years.
The World’s largest PCTC In 2015, we took delivery of two in a series of six Post-Panamax vessels in the New Horizon design. The remaining four will be delivered during 2016. The New Horizon is the world’s largest PCTC with 14 decks, covering an area of 71 400 m² - the same area as 10 soccer fields - and a carrying capacity of 8 500 ceu. With a 375 tonne capacity stern ramp, 22 tonne capacity side ramp, 6.5 meter height on the main deck and five hoistable decks, this new design provides more operational flexibility. Enhanced flexibility, larger capacity and optimised hull and energy efficiency reduce the vessel’s environmental impact and ensure a better service to our customers.