Program Specialist, Financial Services
- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 2 months ago
- Application deadline
- in 8 days
- Recruiter responds
- 36% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 25 days ago
- Non-Profit / Volunteering
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- co.lab, Unit 301, #3 Brixton Street, Pasig, Philippines
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A passion for solving the challenges facing poor households and corresponding product/solution; combined with deep commitment to eradicating poverty;
- Skilled in applying relevant know-how, tools and procedures relevant to financial services;
- Knowledge of innovative financial services for the poor, and of digital financial services and agent networks;
- Strong understanding of banking products, mobile platforms and payment solutions;
- Understanding of financial services in the Philippines, target audience needs, and regulatory environment;
- Strong understanding of how financial models are built and developed;
- Execution skills, and the ability to overcome and work around operational obstacles;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - effectively working with and providing support to internal and external customers. Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint) required;
- Familiarity with Human Centered Design principles and Monitoring & Evaluation Framework a strong plus.
EDUCATION BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- 2-5 years of overall experience supporting substantive projects and initiatives. Experience working with remote teams preferred;
- Experience working in financial institutions (banks, microfinance institutions, microinsurance companies);
- Experience working on projects or special initiatives as a subject matter expert;
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, International Development, Economics, Banking and Finance, Public Policy, Engineering or related field, Masters Degree preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal English and Filipino language skills;
- Experience working in a global/multicultural organizations across multiple time zones a strong plus
Preferred Location: Manila, Philippines
Work Status: Full Time; Fixed Term, Project-based
Travel Requirements: Willingness to travel internationally and locally (10-20%)
JOB SUMMARY & KEY PRIORITIES
This position will be responsible for supporting our Financial Services work in the Philippines. This individual will use broad and comprehensive experience, skills and knowledge to support all the activities related to financial services projects in the country. The individual will work closely with the Country Director, Financial Services Director, Program Leads, and with partner and donor organizations, to help drive product and service design, development, implementation and scaling efforts.
This individual will use knowledge of financial services and financial modeling, as well as analytical, communication, and relationship management skills to support implementation of our financial services components of project portfolios and initiatives. A strong and relevant work experience on exclusion of programs with Digital Financial Services components will be given utmost consideration.
This role is accountable for supporting delivery of our work related to financial services. Work involves partnering closely with the Country Director and Project Managers/Leads to own and deliver on specific objectives, team commitments and internal/external customer requirements. Accountable for:
- Supporting the development and refinement of models for sustainable financial services products for the poor, including gathering of data required to support the models.
- Working with our partners to ensure these models will be successful within their current operations.
- Designing operational processes to support credit, savings and/or microinsurance products for the poor
- Together with the implementing teams, support the development of financial models, scenario building and the analysis thereof
- Working with the program teams throughout the product development and piloting process:
- Support team ideation sessions to develop new ideas from field insights
- Support development of prototypes and field testing with our product designers
- Monitor and evaluate consumer testing of products
- Providing analytical and research support to the teams. Maintaining and analyzing project/work data that lead to timely identification of issues and improvements in current processes/offerings.
- Supporting the Country Director, Global Director for Financial Services and fundraising teams in strategy formulation, and proposal writing for financial services projects in the Philippines.
- Helping create and present materials to share our work with partners, donors and other external audiences
- Serving as a Subject Matter Expert for Financial Services related questions. Sought out for specific technical expertise or field experiences by team members.
- Coordinating, reporting, tracking, and maintaining standard business processes relevant to their work. Examples include, but are not limited to, project management dashboards and financial reports, other partner/GF business processes.
- Demonstrating the ability to establish productive partnerships across regional and cultural boundaries.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g.,use of safe workplace practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential fuctions of this job.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance