Data Base Administrator Support
- Pasig, Philippines
- Full time
As a DBA you will support client solutions involving databases like EDW, Big Data, Data Lake, and Data Marts,
The role requires solid DBA support and maintenance experience involving management of large data volumes and complex EDW structures. The candidate must have the ability to:
- Perform DBA activities on solutions under managed services
- Performance improvements of the Data Bases
- Maintain reporting SLAs in coordination with data processing time frames
- Maintain and Manage databases
- Production migrations of dB structure and data
- Perform backup operation and Maintain data base security, and recovery specifications.
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
- Data Maintenance
- Database Security
- Database Management
- Data Modelling tools like ERWIN
- Excellent communication skills and ability to resolve issues with end users
- Proven ability and commitment to working collaboratively toward common goals.
- Possess effective planning and problem-solving skills.
- Multi tasking attitude, equally comfortable operating from within both the technology & business environments.
- Highly motivated.
- Focused on a quality outcome.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Relational database experience such as DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Informix.
- Business Rule Analysis and Design experience.
- Data Modelling experience - Relational and/or Dimensional Data Modeling
- UNIX/Shell scripting experience.
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.
About GDS Philippines
At EY, we’re committed to building a better working world. For you, for our clients and the wider community.
As part of the world’s highest performing teams, you’ll deliver real insight and value. In the process, you’ll have the chance to build relationships with people from all over the world and from a variety of industries, and those relationships will help you to learn, develop and shape your career.
We are 190,000 people based in 728 offices in 150 countries, organized into 28 Regions and four Areas. EY has been recognized through a number of prestigious awards, including Fortune magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For, Training magazine's list of the top 100 businesses that excel at human capital development, and the receipt of the KNOW Network's 20 Most Admired Knowledge.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our values define who we are. They influence the way we work with each other, our clients and regulators, and our communities, where we use professional skills to create positive change close to home and around the world.
People who demonstrate integrity, respect, and teaming
People with energy, enthusiasm, and the courage to lead
People who build relationships based on doing the right thing