How would you like to support the operations of a fast-growing Australian BPO consultancy adding immense value to both their Australian clients and their Filipino workforce?
At Filta, we’re all about helping our clients build high-performance teams, regardless of where on earth the staff are based. Specialising predominantly in eCommerce and Digital Marketing, we are building a reputation for finding great talent and helping our clients create the best global workforce they can – regardless of whether it’s here in the Philippines, or in any other location across the globe, in our homeland of Australia or through our project-based outsourcing arm.
Demand for what we do is getting higher but we need to continue to provide exceptional client and staff service and support! Because of this, we’re looking for an ambitious, driven, and fast-moving Account Manager to work closely with our clients and their team members.
Reporting to the Country Head of Operations, you’ll be responsible for all facets of Filta’s operations in the Philippines. Working predominantly with internal teams, BPO providers, external suppliers, international clients and their Filipino staff, you’ll be expected to -
- Assisting with managing the Filta Philippines operations from the front with effective leadership – both strategic and operational.
- Successfully drive Filta’s business plans and strategies in the Philippines and in turn efficiency, productivity, profitably, and success through strong strategic direction and hands-on leadership
- Provide high-level management of all facets of the Philippines operations and to be a strategic representative of Filta’s management team in the Philippines
- Provide our client's team, local leadership, mentorship, support and guidance to ensure high performance, their wellbeing and growth
- Being a local point of escalation for suppliers, clients and staff
- Assist clients with strategic direction and facilitate their growth by providing insight and experience into the local market. Assist clients developing strategic growth plans for the future
- Work closely with the Filta management team to refine and implement the company’s strategic direction across the Philippines operations
As an already successful BPO professional, you’ll already know the secret to building successful BPO teams for western clients, and have experience working within BPO environments where you have been required to influence and direct to ensure frictionless delivery of services.
Want to know what we think your days will look like? Well, we think on any given day you’ll be:
- Providing operational management in line with company strategy, policies and values
- Ensuring all team members are meeting their role objectives, KPIs, and company policies and values. This will be done through regular meetings, reviews, coaching sessions etc.
- Being a point of escalation for local management and people issues
- Actively working with clients to understand their long term company goals, helping them build successful offshore staffing strategies, and working with internal teams to ensure client success and in turn growth
- Working closely with BPO providers to ensure agreed SLAs are met, issues escalated and developing/implementing effective processes are put in place to deliver a frictionless workplace for staff
- Being involved in strategic conversations with internal management and staffing, clients, BPO providers, suppliers, and provide insight, strategy and suggestions
- Because of what we offer and how we deliver it, we’re not looking for your standard BPO Account Manager. We want to find someone with the rare blend of being solutions based on the ability to solve problems while still working with purpose, pace and precision.
What is absolutely important to us is finding someone with:
Commercial Acumen – we’re still small but we know we have something very special. Because of this, we are wanting people who can see this specialness and treat it like their own. You’ll be thinking like a business leader when making decisions, building solutions, deciding on who to work with and how to work with them. This means you’ll have good business nous and an ability to see the commercial realities from the eyes of the clients and Filta. You’ll also look at the Philippines operation as a business and will be able to run it accordingly.
Super driven – we’re looking for someone who moves with purpose and always looking for more to do. Everyone in our team moves fast, and we are expecting you to move if not as fast, then faster. If you’re looking for a cruisy job, close this ad and go to the next one.
Client first mentality – because of what we do and how we do it, a transactional Account Manager only interested in ticking their KPIs or just doing the bare minimum won’t work. The only way to be successful in this role is to put the client first. The right person for this role will understand how to negotiate with people, make compromises, think outside the square for solutions, and find that happy medium where everyone wins.
Confident in making decisions and owning mistakes – we want some who truly believes they are as important as anyone else in the team and that their opinion matters. As Uncle Ben says, with great power comes great responsibility – this means we want someone who can make decisions (right or wrong), take charge, own their mistakes and learn from it. We’re here to support and guide you, but ultimately as the Account Manager you are the master of your own destiny.
A people person and leader – a lot of this role involves building relationships with people, engaging with them, learning what their commercial drivers are and seeing how we can work together. This means you’ll be a natural people person who can build trust quickly, and consult, strategize, negotiate and at times push for the wellbeing of Filta. If you are a natural influencer who seems to get the best from the people around them – be they internal staff or suppliers - you’ll be a natural for this. If you want to manage from behind a desk and be ‘the boss’ because it makes you feel important, this won’t be for you.
A natural puzzle solver – staffing and BPO is like a puzzle in many ways. With growing accounts and more requirements, sometimes we need to play a game of Tetris inside a game of Tetris so to speak. That means we need someone who not only knows the way things are generally done but has been known to throw the rulebook out the window and try something new and innovative. We like best practice, but we also like innovation and thought leadership. If you are someone who looks past the Status Quo and tries to find better ways of doing things, we want to know you!
Great with details – there are many things that go on in Filta every day – some big and some small. You’ll need to be across our business, know every corner of it, and work with us to make it the best it can be. This means you’ll be working actively with your team to know the business intimately, empower them to make improvements and decisions, and report to management with the view to constant process improvement.
Passionate – we don’t care whether you’re passionate about BPOs or collecting antiques, we want someone who’s passionate about something. Regardless of what it is, we are looking for someone who knows exactly what type of petrol fuels the fire in their bellies.
We are still a very small, young player in the market, but what we lack in size we definitely make up in passion and determination. We are offering something very unique to the Australian market, and we know the journey from here is going to be really exciting if you get on board.
So what’s important to us?
Because of what we offer and how we deliver it, we’re not looking for your standard BPO Account Manager. We want to find someone with the rare blend of being solutions based on the ability to solve problems while still working with purpose, pace and precision. What is absolutely important to us is finding someone with:
As you can probably tell from what you’ve read so far, we’re looking for someone who knows what they are doing but are wanting a new challenge.
As a growing business with a massive amount of passion and potential, we will be asking you to take a punt on us as much as we are on you. However, we have some awesome benefits to help you be successful in this role. These include:
- 6:00am to 3:00pm Monday to Friday shift
- Additional annual leave based on long term tenure
- HMO for you and one dependent within the first month
- 20 combined SL/VLs per year accrued from day one (you will have 10 accrued once you pass regularisation)
- Short- and long-term company incentives to promote camaraderie and teamwork
- Leadership training if required
- Career growth with additional strategic responsibility
- Monthly social activities paid by the company– such as a watercolour workshop, board games, laser tag, escape room, team dinner, etc
- Monthly 1 hour 'at desk massage' paid by the company (after ECQ)
- Attending & running our Saturday digital events (6 annually) - exposing you to the eCommerce ecosystem in Manila.
So, we think the right background to help you hit the ground jogging is:
- A successful track record working within a best practice BPO environment. You know the formula to running a successful BPO account and operation
- A background of working closely with western clients and being with them through good times and bad. As a point of escalation, sometimes you need to be the one to take the fire for your team, however, you’re also the one that the client trusts. We’d love to hear how you’ve been there in the past.
- A history of taking on new challenges, sticking with them and succeeding – whether it’s overcoming your fear of heights to eventually free climb El Capitan in Yosemite or something not as dramatic, we want to see you have the gumption to take on something, go through the pain and come out the other side winning.
- A genuine interest in new workforce solutions and an understanding of how pragmatic businesses are building teams of tomorrow. Best practice process implementation and improvement is a must.
- Having worked with multiple suppliers and holding them to SLAs. We’d love you to have a background in holding suppliers accountable for the delivery and being able to push them where required.
- A natural desire to work with the 3Ps – Purpose, Pace, Precision.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Leadership skills
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- Human Resources
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Doña Julia Vargas Avenue & Bank Drive, Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Outsourcing / Offshoring
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.