Quality, Health Safety, and Environment (QHSE) Manager
- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- a month ago
- Application deadline
- in a month
- Recruiter responds
- 0% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 17 hours ago
- Staffing / Recruiting
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- Paragon Plaza, Mandaluyong, Philippines
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.
At least a Bachelor’s/College Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or Quality, Health & Safety related course.
Additional diploma level qualification in Quality, Health & Safety or Civil, Structural Engineering is a plus.
Experience: At least 10 years’ experience at Engineer level in the construction industry, with at least 5 years in QHSE
- Excellent knowledge of quality/health & safety/environment/risk, construction and associated activities;
- Knowledge/training in ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OSHAS 18001:2007
- Able to lead and motivate a team;
- Strong sense of responsibility and ethics;
- Effective at auditing, investigating the root causes of problems and analyzing data;
- Able to communicate directly with staff at all levels within and outside the organization;
- Independently minded with a desire to understand the cause of problems, and drive improvement;
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills;
- Proficient in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Project management skills;
- Detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Study and understand legal, contractual, industry, best practice, ethical and in-house requirements for management and construction activities.
- Develop and maintain the company management systems (in association with other managers).
- Review tenders, contract handovers, project planning, project progress and end-of-site performance.
- Manage the monitoring of performance for projects, departments, functions, suppliers, subcontractors (via audits and inspections).
- Coordinate and support external audits / Manage certifications.
- Manage the QHSE training program and assist with training and advising personnel.
- Organize Management Review including reporting on performance, monitoring objectives, advising on improvements and animating the management team to take action.
- Monitor the implementation of improvement action.
- Ensures that the incident/emergency response systems are effective and supported.
- Reports to functional management.
- Manage a large PC or PC with several major projects, and support/advise smaller PCs.