Meet the team & the product:
We are looking for a VP Tech who will manage a team of 6 Engineers and QA specialists, and work closely with a Product team of 5 individuals who cover Product, UI/UX, SEO and Digital Marketing.
We are a for profit high impact edtech startup that allows us to sustainably support our websites (www.edukasyon.ph and www.finduniversity.ph) Our websites (www.edukasyon.ph and www.finduniversity.ph) are used by 8 million Filipino learners aged 13-24 annually, and we have an ambitious product roadmap (including launching a mobile app) to further develop their learning and upskilling, whilst adapting to the disruptions brought on by Covid-19.
Get to know the role :
The VP for Tech will lead Edukasyon’s tech team and should enjoy mentoring and upskilling teammates. Working closely with the head of product and other C-suite leaders in the company, the VP will be part of strategic decision-making and will lead the tech execution of our roadmap. The challenges facing EdTech in the Philippines are numerous and sizeable - but then so is the opportunity to redefine learning for the 10 million learners who use our websites every year.
- Mentor and upskill existing team of Engineers and QA
- Support, teach, and learn from, other team-members at Edukasyon, especially in Product, Digital Marketing, Marketing, and Partnerships
- Design and apply Scaled Agile Framework for Lean Software and System Engineering
- Propose innovative technologies to deliver product goals
- Maintain high quality of product through rigorous testing and QA
- Launch mobile app
- Deliver timely launch of projects with paying partners and of products that will be sold directly to consumers
- Maintain an efficient cost base, both in terms of team structure & compensation, software, server and other production costs
- Ensure the website and eventually, a mobile app can operate in the PH’s internet infrastructure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or any related field
- Have at least 7 years overall experience in software engineering and managing/ building a team of engineers
- Proven experience in DevOps & establishing scalable best-practices in a startup company (e.g., establishing staging & production environments, continuous integration, test automation, AWS/cloud environment management)
Nice to Have :
- Mobile Development experience
- Master’s degree
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home