- Las Piñas, Philippines
- Full time
The Senior Accountant is expected to maintain the integrity and accuracy of accounting schedules and financial statements and have active participation on the month-end closing activities. He/she will perform analysis of assigned account reconciliations, establish documents, and propose improvements on accounting processes and procedures. He/she will also assist the Management by providing analysis of cost behavior, cost-volume-profit relationships, operational and capital budgeting, standard costing, variance analysis for costs and revenues, transfer pricing, activity-based costing, and other related cost activities.
Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Prepares financial statements including income statements, balance sheets, profit-and-loss, and other accounting statements & varied fiscal reports for submission & presentation to the Top Management Team.
- Develops and maintains records of all general ledger accounts including monthly and quarterly journal entries as part of monthly closing; post journal entries, reconciles assigned accounts and investigates any reconciling items.
- Maintains compliance with accounting standards and regulations (e.g., Philippines GAAP and local regulations).
- Maintains a day to day control over treasury transactions and authorization of bank payments.
- Monitors the cash flow of the company on a daily basis, makes periodic analysis, reviews on a constant basis and assess the various payment activities and methods.
- Does the maintenance of Site Fund, Bank Reconciliation, and Daily Cash Position Reports.
- Performs internal audits of accounts payable, payroll distribution, fixed assets, and cash.
- Makes correcting journal entries in assigned areas.
- Participates in interim and year-end audits with internal and external auditors specifically preparation of required audit schedules.
- Coordinates with External Auditors.
- Prepares payment and check vouchers and wire transfer instructions for overseas payments.
- Monitors all recurring / monthly payments such as the following:
- Membership / association dues
- Telecoms and credit card charges
- Manages Invoice Processing, Collection, and Coordination.
- Does administrative & Reporting functions.
- Makes payroll import to Company's system and reviews the tabulation, monitoring and distribution of payroll costs to appropriate general ledger accounts.
- Ensures Timekeeping, payroll processing, and HRIS Administration are all on track.
Compliance - Good Governance
- Ensures the annual registration & compliance of all documentary requirements of SEC, DTI, BOA, PCAB, PEZA, and all local Government agencies.
- Represents the company during local Government audits.
- Ensures that the company complies & cooperates with tax authorities and external auditors regarding accounting entries requirements.
- Ensures all employees’ payroll, performance bonus, 13th month, and last pay are reported and paid out in a timely and accurate manner.
- Creates an annual calendar of payroll schedule and distributes to Top Management.
- Acts as a tax consultant for the organization to help them compute the amount of tax payable and comply with statutory regulations related to taxation.
- Provides strategic direction & goal setting process for the Finance department.
- Plans, organizes, assigns, reviews, and evaluates the work of assigned accounting staff.
- Proficiency in various computer applications such as the following:
- Internet browsing platforms.
- Microsoft office applications.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Pivot tables, etc.
- Other MS office applications.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Software Application programs and other Accounting systems such as:
- MS NAVISION
- Organized and motivated.
- Strong work ethics and enthusiasm with a 'can do' attitude.
- Willing to go beyond the call of duty.
- Ability to handle multiple projects that may be assigned from time to time.
- Ability to work as part of the team and on own initiative.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the company.
- Ability to adapt to a multi-cultural working environment of assigned clients.
- Ability to identify appropriate resources for a variety of assignments such as:
- Motivating people.
- Building the team.
- Clearly explaining assignments.
- Providing useful feedback regarding work & behavior.
- Ability to patiently serve as a coach / mentor by doing the following:
- Further development of team members.
- Thoroughly teach and explain the responsibilities of the job to them.
- Provide them with social support as well as professional guidance.
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly.
- Ability to think conceptually.
- Ability to work with integrity and ethically uphold organizational values.
- Ability to react / respond well under pressure and follow-through on commitments.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to complete projects and tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong leadership, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be positive thinker, team oriented, and multi-tasker.
- Must be detail and results oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
Education & Work Background
- Must have at least a Bachelor's/College Degree, Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent, CPA preferred.
- Must have at least 5 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position (Senior Accountant capacity).
- Must have a strong demonstrable working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), book keeping procedures and practices.
- Knowledgeable in PEZA rules, Sarabane’s Oxely Act, BOA Rulings, BIR Rulings and other local standards.
- Knowledgeable in matters of the following:
- Cost Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Real Estate Accounting
- Internal & External Auditing
- Business Laws & Taxation
- Must have an experience in real estate accounting, warehouse, and ecommerce / retail industries.
- Must have an experience regarding ddifferent accounting functions.
- Must have an experience working during holidays, weekends, and shifting schedules.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Report Writing
- Presentation Skills
- Auditing and Compliance
- Analyzing Data
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Law and Government
- Accountancy & Legal Management
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational requirement
- Graduated from college
- Office Address
- Unit 4A, Polar Center, Alabang-Zapote Road cor. C.V. Starr Avenue, Pamplona, 1740, Las Piñas, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Shipping and Logistics
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.