We are seeking a very smart, exceptionally organized, and business-minded Senior General Accountant with at least 3 years of commercial experience (previous work in the construction industry and with AU companies/clients is an advantage). A CPA license, process transition, and capabilities in the use of SAP, SAGE (Peachtree), NetSuite, or similar software, are desirable. You will report to the Head of Bookkeeping, Compliance and Administration Services in our Manila Office. You should be willing to observe Sydney working hours on an in-office or work from home arrangement.
This position will suit a qualified Senior General Accountant on the way up in his/her career and who has had experience and face-to-face interaction with an international clientele. You will be given great opportunities to further your career by being exposed to end-to-end bookkeeping work and working with clients with diverse nationalities and in different industries.
The successful applicant will be passionate about delivering outstanding services to clients. You will be very smart, quick to learn, and well-versed with cloud-based accounting software. You can work independently but are also able to collaborate well with others in a team environment. You will have exceptional organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, be disciplined, be able to meet deadlines and service quality targets, be task focused, and a “Doer”. Your ability to understand and communicate, in oral and written form, in English will be very good.
Your responsibilities, supported by the Head of Bookkeeping and Administration Services, will include:
- Providing general bookkeeping services (such as processing transactions for sales and receivables, expenses and payments, payroll, accruals and other adjustments, reconciliations, end-of-month and end-of-year journals using accounting software), as required by the client;
- Assisting in managing payments and cash flows;
- Providing job costing and administration support services such as liaising with debtors and suppliers regarding outstanding debts, off-site office management and support tasks as required by the client;
- Setting up/revising a company’s chart of accounts;
- Compliance reporting; and
- Preparing accrual-based financial statements.
- At least 3 years commercial experience using cloud-based accounting systems
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant certifications in business management, accounting, or related fields
- Very good English comprehension, speaking, and writing skills
- Problem solving, time management, and organization capabilities
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Performance Bonus
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave