- Technical sales engineers use their technical knowledge along with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of products, for which a certain level of expertise is needed.
- They assist colleagues with bids and tenders for new clients from a technical perspective.
- Clients are usually technical staff from non-retail organizations, such as factories, public utility providers, local authorities and hospitals.
- The emphasis of the work varies depending on the level of technical knowledge needed to sell a particular product or service.
- Technical sales engineers are a key point of contact for clients and provide both pre and after-sales advice. They liaise regularly with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments.
Other Duties and responsibilities:
- Searching for new clients who might benefit from company products or services and maximizing client potential in designated regions;
- Developing long-term relationships with clients, through managing and interpreting their requirements;
- Persuading clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery;
- Negotiating tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs;
- Calculating client quotations and administering client accounts;
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education;
- Working on after-sales support services and providing technical back up as required;
- Arranging and carrying out product training;
- Analyzing costs and sales;
- Preparing reports for head office and keeping customer records;
- Meeting regular sales targets and coordinating sales projects;
- Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product meets client needs;
- Liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts;
- Helping in the design of custom-made products;
- Providing training and producing support material for other members of the sales team.
- With work experience in facing the customers.
- Strong communication skills with strong engineering related knowledge.
- Has the ability and desire for a sales job with a confident and determined approach.
- Should possess the skill to work both with the team and perform independently.
- Should be capable of thriving in the competitive markets.
About Atalian Philippines
CBM forms part of the international FM company ATALIAN GLOBAL SERVICES.
This partnership provides customers the opportunity to benefit from service provision that encompasses international best practice with local knowledge and management. A major player in the European market of global services for businesses and communities.