An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Scrum Master to help be the facilitator in implementing the software platform for a new digital asset exchange that is focused on an institutional client base. The ideal applicant will bring previous experience of working as a Scrum Master that utilises critical financial systems, working with global remotely located teams.
The ideal candidate will have a real passion for success and will never be satisfied by achieving the bare minimum. They will be of an entrepreneurial mind-set and have a real passion for detail and customer care. They will be someone who relishes a challenge and flourishes on seeing their team improve and achieve targets.
We are looking for candidates who have previous experience working with outcome focused, cross-functional teams and have a genuine passion for developing and coaching others around them. The candidate will have significant experience that focuses around capital markets technologies and solutions and can bring a wealth of experience to the team and drive delivery of the product suite.
You should have excellent knowledge of the scrum framework, with all its artifacts and techniques. You’ll also need the ability to coordinate people and projects (facilitating changes where you see fit) with your mind set on deliverables. You’ll have a collaborative attitude to help drive effectiveness in value and quality, a strong communicator, a capable leader, and be invested in Agile frameworks.
- The Scrum Master is expected to significantly impact and drive the development function by managing the Scrum process using all available toolsets at their disposal.
- The Scrum Master should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Manage each project’s scope, timeline, and workflows.
- Coordinate grooming sessions, prioritization, sprints, retrospective/review meetings, and daily stand-ups.
- Coach all team members in Agile frameworks, encouraging the teams to meet sprint commitments and writing complete user stories.
- Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration.
- Act as the point of contact for external communications from clients where required.
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests.
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur.
- Helping development teams implement changes effectively.
- Ensure deliverables are measured and reported accurately to quantifiable standards at the end of each sprint.
- Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity and understanding.
- Help build a productive environment where team members take ownership of the product and have a passion for their work.
At Archax it's our principle to THRIVE:
· Teamwork – Colleagues, customers and partners working in balance.
· Humility - check our egos at the door, no pretence for roles or titles.
· Responsibility – accountable for our actions and delivery.
· Innovation – Always forward thinking, strive to create a better way, every day.
· Valued – Support and reward the journey of our people.
· Expertise – Seek to grow knowledge in our market.
- The Scrum Master should have expert level knowledge of the Scrum processes and practices to assist the team in reaching their Agile peak and their experience should include the following:
- The ideal candidate will have a degree relevant to Information Technology/Computer Science, Engineering (or equivalent) and at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong experience as a Scrum Master overseeing multiple development teams on projects that often overlap and have significant dependencies.
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts.
- Recognized industry-standard certification as a Scrum Master (CSM) / Professional Scrum Master (PSM).
- Extensive understanding of software development, testing processes, and analysis techniques and practices.
- Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks, including advanced scaling Scrum techniques (LeSS/SoS/SAFe);
- In-depth knowledge of task management and document management systems (JIRA/RedMine/Trello/Confluence) and associated tools.
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills.
- Outstanding problem solving and conflict resolution ability – can easily resolve issues with project team members (stakeholder/product owners) and mitigate impacts.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent English language skills (both spoken and written).
- It would be nice to have additional technical understanding in the following areas:
- Previously having worked in the financial market area of software development, analysing and defining large ERP/financial systems.
- Has experience with real-time trading systems and market data.
- Has experience with regulated financial companies.
- Has experience with multinational global teams.
Perks and Benefits
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Single Parent Leave
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave