Underwriting Assistant | Bonds
- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- a month ago
- Application deadline
- in 10 days
- Recruiter responds
- 27% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 8 days ago
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- Co. Boni Serrano cor. EDSA Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City, Philippines
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Entertains client applying for a bond.
- Conducts initial interview and classify the kind of bond suits to the application requirements.
- Provides application form to the applicant and/or representative for the accomplishment of bond policy form (blank) and indemnity agreement form for the signature of the principal applicant.
- Requires applicant/representative to submit documents marked check on the checklist of requirements forms together with the duly signed bond application form or indemnity agreement.
- Requires applicant /representative to have the co-signers statement duly filled up and signed by the co-signers/principal and co-signers/Indemnitor.
- Examines the completeness of the required documents and application form before submission to the Bond underwriter.
- Maintains and safe keep files and documents of the following:
- Bonds Monthly Report for IC
- Annual Statistics report for Finance and IC
- EDST report record
- Prepares Bonds Monthly Report required by the Insurance Commission.
- Prepares Annual Statistics report required by the Finance and Insurance Commission.
- Prepares monthly EDST (Electronic Documentary Stamp Tax) required by the BIR.
- Submits reports as required and as needed by his/her superior and/or by top management of AFPGIC.
Complies with the following:
- Company Rules and Regulations.
- Department’s Policies, Guidelines, and Procedures.
- Performs other job-related tasks as may be directed by superior and key officers of AFPGIC from time to time.
AFP General Insurance Corporation (“the Company”) was incorporated and registered with the Philippine Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in the Philippines on March 1, 1979. The Company is engaged in the business of motor car, fire, marine, fidelity and surety insurance, and on all other forms of non-life insurance authorized by law. The Company’s principal and registered office is located at 3rd Floor, AFPGEN Building, Camp Aguinaldo, Bonny Serrano St. Corner EDSA, Quezon City The Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Armed Forces of the Philippines-Mutual Benefit Association, Inc. (AFPMBAI) which was created to service the insurance needs of the country’s military and police organizations. AFPGEN’s establishment as a distinct business entity was a product of the Insurance Commission’s (IC) directive in 1978 for AFPMBAI to separate its life and non-life insurance functions. With its singular non-life insurance focus, AFPGEN developed a deeper understanding of the special concerns of its clients and delivered well on its mandate of protecting the country’s defense assets as a provider of non-life insurance policies and issuer of surety bonds for the bidders and suppliers of the AFP and PNP. Attesting to the quality of AFPGEN’s service and the strength of its financial performance, the Insurance Commission in 2002 issued a certification authorizing AFPGEN to also engage business with the general public/clientele. Certificate of Authority (CA) No. 2013/108-R was granted to the Company by the IC to transact in non-life insurance business until December 31, 2015. The IC renewed the Company’s license with CA no. 2016/69-R-R, valid until December 31, 2018. On January 1, 2015, the Company was granted a Certificate of Accreditation and Authority to issue a Compulsory Insurance Coverage for Agency-Hired Overseas Filipino Workers.