Adarna House is in need of an HR and Admin Associate for its laboratory school, The Raya School. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and updating employee records (i.e. 201 files and other HR/Admin documents)
- Drafting memos, employment contracts, and merit increase letters
- Handling recruitment and separation processes
- Assisting in payroll preparation by providing relevant data from tracking attendance and overtime work
- Assisting in processing and administration of employee benefits (i.e. enrolments and claims)
- Assisting in handling student admissions
- Assisting in preparing requirements for the Department of Education
- Monitoring and organizing maintenance and use of the school building: housekeeping, supplies, equipment, and needed repairs/improvements
- A degree in Psychology, Behavioral Science, or related fields
- 1-2 years of experience in Human Resources and office administration
- Sound knowledge of labor legislation
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Internet savvy and proficient in MS Office
About Adarna House, Inc.
Adarna House is a conversation that began in 1980, when it was founded to respond to the need of Filipino children to develop their minds through enjoyable learning opportunities and memorable literary experiences. Today, this conversation includes a multitude of treasured partners who share our enthusiasm for children, our commitment to education, and our passion for reading. The best Filipino writers, illustrators, and researchers help us create products that feature Filipino values, culture, history, and experiences. Readability and systems experts are invaluable to the development of our materials and programs that aim to improve reading skills in Filipino. A new generation of readers, beyond the Philippines, have also pushed us towards engaging with them on a different platform through Buribooks. Our literacy programs are born of our relationships with the public and private sectors. We continue to strengthen these alliances with the help of our primary allies—The Raya School, which offers progressive education from preschool to high school, and the Adarna Group Foundation, Inc. (AGFI), which focuses on local government-based early literacy programs. Through our programs and products, we are happy to continue the conversation with our most valued partners, the Filipino children. It is their curiosity that keeps us motivated, their creativity that we wish to equal, and their potential for greatness that we will always strive to serve. It is they who keep us committed to our duty: to create good playmates, classmates, and friends not only for children, but also for art, literature, and country.