- Responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective operation of all diesel engines and auxiliary machineries upon instructions of Operations Supervisor and in accordance with standard operating parameters.
- Prepares and checks all engines and auxiliary equipment for start-up procedures in accordance with work instructions to ensure that all standard operating parameters for start-up are met.
- Monitors all running engines by conducting routine inspection to ensure that no leaks, excessive vibration and other abnormality in all equipment.
- Conducts routine inspection, adjustments, minor corrections, top-up, and other routinary works in accordance to Original Equipment Manufacturer’s manual and Work Instructions.
- Conducts or coordinates with service providers’ testing of the physical and chemical properties of the plant’s fuel, lube oil, process water, sludge, and other liquids that may be used in the plant
- Performs turnover activities at the end of the shift to the incoming Control Room Engineer, specifically pertinent information on the condition and performance of enginesand auxiliaries, abnormalities that occurred and special instructions received from superior during the shift.
- With relevant 1 – 2 years experience in Operations and Maintenance in a related industry is an advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Licensed Electrical or Mechanical Engineer
- Experience in operation and maintenance of mechanical equipment, e.g. boiler, compressor, pumps
- Knowledge of basic power plant operation
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Old VECO Compound, Ermita, Cebu City
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening
About Aboitiz Power Generation Group
Aboitiz Power Corporation (AboitizPower, AP) is a leader in the Philippine Electric Power Industry with a portfolio of assets located across the country. It has several hydroelectric and geothermal assets in its generation portfolio and also has non-renewable power plants located across the country. This includes: - Hedcor, Inc. - Therma Luzon, Inc. - Therma South, Inc. - Therma Marine, Inc. - Therma Mobile, Inc. - East Asia Utilities Corp. - Cebu Private Power Corp. - AP Renewables, Inc. At AboitizPower, we thrive together to drive change for a better world. We are a PEOPLE-CENTRIC organization who provides growth OPPORTUNITIES on a professional and personal level. We shape a better future as we do purposeful WORK in an ENVIRONMENT that is culture-focused, continuously innovating, and where individual and team contributions aligned to winning with integrity are RECOGNIZED. When you work at AboitizPower, you become part of an organization that is passionate and committed to advancing business and communities by providing reliable, reasonable, and responsible power to all. AboitizPower is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our purpose of driving change for a better world. We consider and encourage all applicants without discriminating against age, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, disability, political opinion, religion, nationality, marital or parental status (including pregnancy), ethnicity or other status protected by law. Our equal opportunity and non-discrimination policy applies in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, regularization, promotions, transfers, discipline, termination, benefits and training. We urge everyone to be vigilant against scams that involve fraudulent offers of employment with Aboitiz Power Corporation. Scammers are falsely claiming to be representatives of Aboitiz, offering jobs in exchange for recruitment fees. Aboitiz does not ask for money from our applicants at any point of the job application process. #POWERyourFuture