The Design Supervisor is responsible to oversee and the civil engineering design team for wind power Project in the provision of civil design requirements for the different phases of a wind power project development (desktop investigations, screening, pre-development, and development).
Key to his/her role will include:
- Overseeing the team in the provision of the team’s technical expertise in the completion of all civil engineering designs and solutions to costumer.
- Ensures that the design information that the team will produce is of the right quality and in line with project timelines and budgets.
- Assist the Civil Design Manager in the management of the Civil Design manpower and team development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee delivery of civil design requirements throughout the different phase of Wind power project development. This includes conceptualization, exploration, feasibility designs, detailed designs and tendering & contracting.
- Work closely with third-party consultants in the provision of civil engineering designs of a wind power project during the conduct of pre-development and development stage.
- Ensures designs are compliant with current legislation, standards and codes of practice as applicable.
- Analyzes design issues and ensures corrective action is taken. Makes design recommendations to solve non-technical issues.
- Conforms to the company’s Integrated Management Systems, policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
- With at least 5-year related experience; Leadership Experience: 3 years; Project Experience: 3 years
- Must be a Licensed Civil Engineer
- Analytical skills and problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Sense of organization and time management
- Interpersonal and people-handling skills
- Ability to motivate and influence people
- Verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Mentoring and development of team.
- Knowledgeable in AutoCAD, Civil 3D , StaadPro, CSI softwares, AutoDesk-Vehicle Tracking, OpenWind, windPro, and other civil engineering software for Wind Power Plant Design;
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Project
- Background in Renewable Energy industry is a plus
- Willing to travel in project sites.