Job Title : Jr. Accountant
365Bookspro is looking for a junior accountant with an analytical mind and fantastic organizational skills. Successful candidate must be detail oriented, have strong problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure, and deliver on tight deadlines.
To ensure success, junior accountant should be critical thinkers, proficient in math and accurate with a solid understanding of account and financial reporting principles and practices. Top candidates will have outstanding report writing skills with the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Respond to Client’s external vendors and internal staff members regarding all aspects of the accounts receivable and accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment, recording sales tax, assisting with bank reconciliations, and documenting loans using our Accounting ERP System.
- Prepare on a timely basis financial report and to provide accurate and timely solutions to BPO and Monthly clients & client’s vendors.
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm that the correct general ledger account codes are used.
- Inspect paid and unpaid invoices including cleared payment inquiries and check voiding to maintain accurate files and records according to Client’s company standards.
- Review automatic payments to ensure correct coding and authorization as well as sufficient contracts and documentation.
- Prepare weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly financial statements and management report, as well as year-end closing report, manage 1099 NEC issuance
- Maintains Client books and chart of accounts in compliance with GAAP, CAS, GASB and FAR, in accordance with requirements of the Chart of Accounts as required by the DCAA.
- Reconcile bank statements, depository, vendor statements, research, and correct discrepancies.
- Assist in month end closing. Assists and advises posting problems to the financial system, general accounting procedures, and corrects any inaccuracies or inconsistencies in the monthly reports.
- Monitor account balances, track expenses, prepare analyses of accounts and related financial activity to produce monthly financial reports.
- Process Accounts Receivable report and Accounts Payable report, Job Costing report
- Reconcile monthly ledgers, trial balance in accordance with GAAP.
- Process US Payroll in accordance with US department of Labor and US payroll employment laws.
- Assist in completing audits and assist with other projects as needed.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting or related is essential.
- 2 years’ experience of accounting work is essential.
- 2 years’ hands on experience in QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop and Cost Point (ERP Software) is essential.
- Experience in US Accounting standard process is an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite and advanced skills in MS excel.
- In-depth knowledge in GAAP, GASB, CAS, FARS and DCAA.
- Knowledge in U.S. Government Cost Accounting and Business Processes is an advantage.
- Understanding T&M (Time and Materials Billing), FP (Fixed Firm Price Billing), and Cost-Plus billing is a must
- Knowledgeable in subsidiary ledgers and their relationship to the general ledger and the financial statements.
- Must be familiar with incurred cost submission.
- Sound understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Critical thinker with a high proficiency in math.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Good Compensation
- Mandatory Government Benefits such as SSS, Philhealth, Pag-Ibig and etc.
- Great Vacation
- H.M.O. (Health Maintenance Organization)
- Quarterly Bonus / Commission (Base on performance)
- ACCUCert Tax Credit Software
- Analyzing Data
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Reporting
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable