Come Change the Travel Sector!
ZEN Rooms, one of the fastest-growing startups in Southeast Asia, is searching for a Python Developer to expand its successful business.
We are an operating system for Southeast Asian budget & mid-range hotels. We allow our hotel clients to be more productive and competitive: increase revenue, optimize cost base and increase guest trust & satisfaction. Through technological and operational solutions, we address the deep, widespread inefficiencies in the Southeast Asian budget & mid-range hospitality sector.
By helping Southeast Asian hotels operate more efficiently: better value-for-money and safer, ZEN contributes daily to democratizing travel in Southeast Asia. Millions of travelers looking for the best value-for-money stay at ZEN franchised or operated properties each year.
ZEN Group is backed by the #1 Korean travel group Yanolja (funded by Booking.com/Agoda) and a leading group of institutional technology investors including Rocket Internet (behind Lazada etc)
About the role
As a Python Developer you will be part of our tech center in Manila, working with best-in-class colleagues in a dynamic environment. If scale and speed of execution are exciting to you, if you are passionate about your craft and if you are striving to build systems that matter to millions of people around the world, ZEN Rooms will be the right place for you! Growing at an incredible pace we’re looking for sharp, passionate engineers that help us make our web platforms the best in the world.
About the requirements:
- Experience as a developer 3+ years and as a team manager 1+ year
- Proven track record of successful web development projects
- Code quality, unit tests, and scalability
- You feel comfortable owning complex systems
- Soft skills, ability to grow team-members
- Ability to learn any technology, language, or development environment that we might need in the future
- Nice to have: experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
Technologies you will use and/or learn with our team:
- Agile methodology
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid)
- Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
- AWS, Kubernetes
- Python, GoLang, PHP
- Test Driven Development, BDD or DDD
- SOLID, KISS, YAGNI, DRY principles
- OOP and Functional programming
- PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch
- Service-Oriented Architecture
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Free Lunch or Snacks
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.