UX Specialist - GY Shift
- Makati, Philippines6/F, 6/F Sycip Law Centre, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
The User-Experience (UX) Specialist's primary responsibility would be to create satisfying or compelling experiences for users of our products, drawing on results from user research and workflow analysis. The UX Designer needs to possess strong creative, technical and problem-solving skills. The UX design role may involve psychology, storytelling and computer science as well. Areas of focus may include content, controls, visual design and development, information architecture, user research, and customer/technical support.
- Works with Business Analysts, other project team members, and clients to understand the requirement goals and objectives.
- Analyzes user feedback and activity to come up with designs that enhance user experience.
- Conceptualizes original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- May be tasked to develop user experience roadmaps for the product suite together with the UX Team Lead/Manager and UX Designers.
- Creates wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Collaborates with the UX team members to define and implement innovative solutions for the assigned tasks. Submits work product to the UX Team Lead/Manager for review.
- Performs wireframe design presentations to the project team and updates designs as necessary based on changes agreed upon and approved by the UX Team Lead/Manager.
- Performs wireframe design walkthroughs with Development, Quality Assurance and Documentation to ensure proper understanding and to address any questions.
- Continues to research usability, new design trends and in maintaining the team’s design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Assesses LOE for completing assigned design tasks and identifies impact of requirements modification on assigned tasks.
- Works to ensure committed delivery schedules for assigned tasks are met.
- Assists the project team in identifying solutions to technical challenges encountered pertaining to UI design during the software development lifecycle.
- Considers contemporary user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies in design
- Has strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction.
- Participates in team meetings and design meeting/reviews with onsite and offshore team members.
- Assists in the creation of technical documentation based on work products.
- Submits weekly status reports.
- Understands and adheres to software development processes.
- Perform other duties as may be requested within the area of expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or any related course.
- Five or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for the web or web applications.
- Must have a solid understanding of wireframing and web design tools such as: Figma, Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision, etc.
- Must have the ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and a willingness to keep their skills and industry knowledge current.
- Has good HTML5 and CSS3 skills.
- Knowledge or experience in the following is a plus:
- Photoshop, Illustrator
- Web Accessibility and/or Section 508 Compliance knowledge and implementation techniques
- Experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a good understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Has the ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Has the ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Must have a clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Must be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Must be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Must be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Must be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.