We are looking for an Android Developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java codes.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Familiarity with the following:
- Continuous integration.
- Firebase platform for mobile applications.
- RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- The use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Java programming skills and Android Studio experience.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Communication skills (written, verbal) in English -- meaning you won’t freeze while talking to fellow non-Filipino developers.
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch.”
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
About Swoop, Inc.
Swoop, Inc. is a homegrown tech startup that aims to build and operate the Philippines' biggest disruptor in the real estate industry. Our first mobile app, Swoop PH is a full-service real estate app focused on the residential reseller market launched December 2016.