Information Security Officer
- Quezon City, PhilippinesEast Avenue , Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
- Communicates effectively and influences IT leadership, staff and other stakeholders, Company-wide, to implement security recommendations;
- Develops and conducts information security awareness program to all employees and third-party personnel engaged with the Company;
- Implements and maintains the information security management system program of the Company (certified or not);
- Initiates, plans and implements annual risk management review of information systems and coordinates with Information Security Management Committee for review;
- Assesses the Company’s IT infrastructure, services and processes to ensure that they are compliant with the implemented information security management system and the established Company security policies;
- Develops information security policies in accordance with ISO17799:2005 standards;
- Sets globally accepted standards, guidelines and procedures applicable to achieve compliance to the security policies;
- Coordinates with the Information Security Management Committee for the annual review of policies, standards and guidelines’ applicability, effectiveness, improvements, etc.;
- Formulates new security policies that are not covered in the Corporate Information Security Policy Manual;
- Generates and submits compliance and audits review findings, recommendations and reports to the Department Manager;
- Works with the Legal Division to achieve regulatory and legal compliance;
- Works with the internal and external/third-party auditors;
- Provides advices to other departments on the risk and security implications of technology projects to ensure that systems of whatever nature are implemented with appropriate approved security controls and are within the context of any compliance undertaking;
- Supervises the activities of third-party/security consultant personnel whenever they are working on-site;
- Attends conferences, professional association meetings and technology seminars regularly to remain well-informed of the latest information security technological developments
- Knowledge of information security management system and information security governance (information risk management, business continuity and recovery strategies, incident handling concepts), security administration, network systems, operating systems,
- BS in Electronics, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related IT Course
- At least 3 years in IT industry, 1 year in information security
- oral & written communication and interpersonal skills,
- presentation skills,
- attention to details,
- problem solving and analytical skills,
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.
About Stradcom Corporation
Stradcom Corporation is the IT Company behind the computerization of the Land Transportation Office (LTO) of the Philippine government.
Through the LTO-IT Project, Stradcom established a multi-billion peso IT infrastructure by which the LTO has been serving the 85,000 motor vehicle registrants and driver license applicants who come to its 300 nationwide offices daily.
Stradcom belongs to a corporate business group also involved in other venture across various industries - toll-road project development, real property, mining, and consulting services. We are thus looking for talented individuals to join us, whether seasoned professionals seeking a change of pace and direction or new graduates wanting to explore frontiers and pursue a fulfilling career.