- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Preferably, Male
- A graduate of Hotel and Restaurant Management/Culinary or any related course
- With 1 to 2 yrs experience
- Has basic knowledge of tasks such as inventory management overall kitchen operations.
- With experience in any type of cooking/cuisine.
- Knowledge in dealing with sanitation and safety procedures in the kitchen for restaurant operations.
- TESDA certificate is an advantage.
About Rufo's Famous Restaurant Systems, Inc.
In 1984, a group of officemates opened a small eatery along kalayaan Ave. corner Salamanca St. across the International School Manila in Makati City. Their goal was simple: open a cozy 24-hour hangout, sell cheap beer, serve delicious Pinoy comfort food and earn extra income. They decided on the unique and catchy name, "Rufo's", the name of their boss at work. For decades, Rufo's built a cult following for serving their iconic Tapsilog or Tapa (fried beef strips), Sinangag (garlic rice) and Itlog (fried egg) - A Filipino" All-Day Breakfast" dish. Rufo's Tapa recipe was so famous for its rich, sweet,mouth-watering sauce that customers swore by its slogan, " Sauce Pa Lang, Ulma Na! ( The Sauce is a Dish on is Own!"). The success of this Makati Eatery helped popularize the local Tapsihan, A Philippine version of the American Diner, serving local Breakfast fare 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. By 2003, businessman Paul Izon Reyes acquired the store, founded Rufo's Famous Franchise Corporation and engineered the brand's expansion through Franchising . Reyes, a fan of Rufo's (since his student days in the International School Manila), professionalized its business systems and partnered with Francorp, the world leader in Franchise development, to create the Rufo's Famous Franchise Program. Today, Rufo's operates a chain of 24/7 fast-casual Filipino restaurants all over Metro Manila and nearby provinces.