Systems Engineer (UNIX/LINUX) | Cebu
- Cebu City, PhilippinesCebu City, Central Visayas, PhilippinesCebu CityCentral VisayasPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full time
Key Result Areas
- Maintenance/Managed Services: Performs maintenance and troubleshooting for customers per services defined in the maintenance contract. Specifically;
- Responds to requests and inquiries of client accounts with regard to their need for technical assistance;
- Ensures that the services stated in the contract are satisfied at all times to include but not limited to the state response and resolution time;
- In case of onsite assignments, coordinates closely with the department and other concerned groups with regard to step-by-step status of the job;
- Provides troubleshooting tips and guidelines over the phone as solicited by client accounts.
- Preventive and Corrective Maintenance: Performs procedures on preventive maintenance on units/machines of client accounts covered by service contracts as scheduled.
- Reports Preparation: Prepare required reports and submit them accordingly with regard to service and preventive maintenance tasks undertaken. Specifically:
- Accomplishes the Job Action Report and submits this to client and Questronix
- Prepares IBM Activity Report for submission to Client, IBM, and Questronix
- Prepares IBM Billable Form for submission to Client, Questronix, and IBM;
- Completes the Parts Return Form and submits this to IBM and Questronix
- Qualifying machines: Conducts procedures to qualify a machine prior to execution of the maintenance contract.
- Technical Support for Pre-sales: Provides technical assistance to clients in collaboration with Pre-Sales Group by assisting in project planning and installation. Specifically,
- Identifies technical and electrical requirements to ensure completion of a specific project;
- Verifies and recommends if specifications of a given technical environment of a proposed project are met;
- Undertakes actual installation and configuration of machines which as for demonstrations as well as those that have been sold;
- Undertakes procedures on accounts for Hardware and Software upgrading,
- Technical Support for Project Implementation: Provides technical support for the implementation of projects. Specifically:
- Assists in the migration of data from old to new servers whenever necessary;
- Performs technical procedures to ensure that requirements of a given project are delivered on time;
- Implementation, setup, installation, and configuration of Servers, Storage, and other peripherals.
- SE Support: Provides assistance to other Systems Engineers (SE) whenever expertise is solicited by the situation.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Graduate of :
- Computer Engineering
- Any IT related engineering course but not necessarily licensed.
- Specialized Knowledge/Skills Technically equipped to handle troubleshooting, able to communicate well in English & Pilipino and can handle account management. AIX Certification is optional.
- With intensive theoretical and hands-on training on :
- Other HW/SW support
- Electronics & Communications Engineering
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.