Junior Network Admin
- Makati, Philippines6th Floor, OPL Building, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
- Determines the organization’s data management and information technology needs and decides how to set up the network.
- Maintains reliable system performance through active monitoring of error logs and user-reported network issues.
- Conducts regular tests to ensure that the system meets expectations for speed, security, and reliability.
- Work with technicians and other administrators to conduct routine system audits, making recommendations to improve reliability and performance.
- Assist Senior Network Admin in developing proposals for IT improvements and investments
- Works with their team members to design and oversee server-side elements of an organization’s network infrastructure this includes installing network-wide malware protection software, developing firewalls, and configuring databases and access on the back end.
- Makes decisions regarding network upgrades and repairs.
- Ensure that data remains intact, secure, and accessible in case of system crashes by conducting regular data backups.
- Manage procurement of hardware by providing proposals & liaising with suppliers to ensure the best possible price and service
- Conduct regular inventory of IT assets
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in an IT support role
- Able to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Highly trainable and team player
- Enthusiastic, Passionate and Tech-savvy
- Proactive, organized and process driven
- Highly familiar with Fortigate and Cisco hardware
- In depth understanding of IT communication protocols, SLA and escalations
- Technically skilled in troubleshooting issues
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.