MCPI is looking for a senior and associate back-end web developer to join its team of in-house developers. New hires will develop custom, often complex WordPress-based websites along with general PHP framework-based solutions from .psd designs. Developers will aid account managers, web designers, SEO Specialists and others in requirements gathering, web project planning, and general technical questions. Provides leadership in finding/developing new technologies and methods to advance the company’s web offerings. Aids other developers with system design and implementation. Performs server maintenance and monitoring. Supports current client websites by providing technical support.
- Contributing to “scope of build” conversations with development team, project managers, designers and other developers
- Slice PSD files to HTML/CSS into either WordPress or some other proven open source system (note: WordPress is our primary CMS platform); many of our builds are responsive
- Developing custom Wordpress plugins if necessary
- Developing custom web applications that drive business processes
- Integrating third party APIs and analytic codes
- Optimizing websites for SEO best practices (site speed, mobile, etc.)
- Setting up e-commerce applications
- Monitoring health and uptime of servers (general server admin in a managed services environment; no in-depth configuration required)
- Collaborating with design, strategy and sales teams to find solutions for client website projects
- Participating in regular company-wide and team meetings
- Contributing to MCPI’s best practices; recommending, exploring and implementing better ways to deliver
- Growing personal and team member expertise through training, exploring and prospecting
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of WordPress
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks (CodeIgniter, Symfony, Yii, Zend, etc) a plus.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) a plus.
- Knowledge of change control systems, specifically Git, a plus.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with good time management skills.
- Ability to breakdown client problems and develop a software solution from system design to implementation.
- Bachelor degree from a top University in related field or comparable experience in the web development required.
- An excellent communicator and collaborator
- Able to organize and run meetings, leaving with clear objectives and tasks
- Comfortable talking with clients (via phone, email and in person)
- Detail-oriented in context of a fast-paced environment
- Capable of hitting daily deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Pleasant, personable demeanor (face-to-face, on the phone and via email)
- Keen ability to multi-task; self-starter
- Capable planner
- Teachable spirit
- Sense of humor
- Salary will be dependent on skill level
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- IT and Software
- Educational requirement
- Graduated from college
- Office Address
- Unit 2A Bulb Studios Molave Compound, Pasong Tamo, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Public Relations / Digital Marketing
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.