Senior Accounting Manager
- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- a day ago
- Application deadline
- in a month
- Recruiter responds
- 9% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- a day ago
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Graduate of BS Accountancy & the like
- CPA or CMA preferred
- 5+ years’ experience working in a Shared Services environment providing finance & accounting support
- 7+ years of combined accounting and finance experience
The Senior Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to accounting. He/She will be responsible for ensuring that accounting principle, policies and procedures are complied with to ensure accurate and timely accounting of transactions and preparation of financial statements.
The Senior Accounting Manager will manage a team of professional accountants and will ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including month-end, account reconciliation, general ledger preparation, year-end audit preparation, and support financial consolidation and reporting, budget and forecast activities. This position will likewise coordinate with the different stakeholders across the region addressing issues raised and that comes out of any compliance or audit reviews.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and document business specific processes and accounting procedures to maintain and strengthen internal controls to support high volume processing for a range of different clients.
- Manage a high volume of accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting and Inventory Accounting. Support month-end and year-end close
- Familiar with financial statements and external reporting end-to end process.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and processing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely and effectively with overseas teams who will be the key client interface.
- Administer and manage financial accounting software / ERP (knowledge and experience of SAP, Oracle, Sage, MS Nav/Dynamics).
- Build, develop and support an effective, high-performing team of finance specialists.
- Accountable for driving operational best practices and standardization, efficiency and process improvement across client engagements. Facilitate continuous improvement and a solution focused mindset.