Social Media Specialist
- Cebu City, Philippines3/F Media Resource Plaza, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines, Cebu City, Central Visayas, PhilippinesCebu CityCentral VisayasPhilippines
- Full time
- Monitors established or developing social media for potential stories, especially Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, plus chat apps Line, Kakao, WeChat, Viber.
- Monitors standard media for potential social media stories, especially key websites and wire services.
- Amplifies Inquirer.net and other Inquirer content on social media, especially by promoting stories, highlighting connections, and participating in comment threads.
- Writes social media-specific stories for Inquirer.net social media platforms
- Writes longer stories for publication on Inquirer.net and other Inquirer platforms, on occasion.
- Conceptualizes and develop features or special content for social media, including photos and video, on occasion.
- Performs other related tasks as may be assigned.
- Must be willing to work in rotational schedules (dayshift/nightshift)
- College graduate, preferably major in Journalism or Mass Communication and/or related courses
- At least 6 months work experience in a related job or fresh graduate
- With computer, communication and writing skills
- Creative, insightful, street smart, digital savvy
- Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc.
- Understanding of popular social networks – design, functionality, users
- Demonstrates ability to produce community management guidelines and documents that reflects the holistic understanding and implementation of the role of social media and its effects
- Must be willing to be based in Cebu
- In-depth knowledge of all things Cebu
- Required languages/dialects: Cebuano, English, Filipino
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Transportation Allowances
- Performance Bonus
- Mass Communication
- Job level
- Fresh Grad / Entry Level
- Job category
- Writing and Content
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- 3/F Media Resource Plaza, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Online Publishing
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.