General Assignments Reporter | Cebu
- Cebu City, Philippines2F, 3/F Media Resource Plaza, Cebu City, Central Visayas, PhilippinesCebu CityCentral VisayasPhilippines
- Full time
- Monitors wires, local and national TV, radio, social media and other websites for stories not covered by Multimedia Reporters and writes breaking stories based on them.
- Assists reporters and editors in posting breaking news and multimedia content for online publication (basic image and video editing, file conversion).
- Acts as on-call Multimedia Reporter, ready to take on field assignments and corresponding responsibilities as needed.
- Posts updates on social media (e.g. tweets and Facebook Live).
- Cultivates sources and plans interviews for exclusive, in-depth or feature stories.
- Coordinates with field personnel and Graphic Artists to produce multimedia and interactive content (such as infographics).
- Assists in General Assignments duties for the various INQUIRER.net news desks as assigned from time to time.
- In charge of proper forwarding and saving of filed stories, invitations, corrections, letters and content sent through the editorial e-mail account and other channels.
- Performs other related tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- College Graduate, preferably majoring in Journalism or Mass Communication and/or other related courses.
- Preferably 1-2 year experience in a related field; open to fresh graduates with related experience.
- Must be willing to be based in Cebu
- In-depth knowledge of all things Cebu
- Required languages/dialects: Cebuano, English, Filipino
- Must be able to thrive working in a virtual/remote setting
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Performance Bonus
- Job level
- Fresh Grad / Entry Level
- Job category
- Media and Creatives
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Kaohsiung St. cor. S. Osmena Road, North Reclamation Area, Cebu City
- Online Publishing
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.