QA Specialist for Laboratory Operations
- Quezon City, Philippines2/F Topy's Place Bldg. 4, Economia St. Cor. Calle Industria, Bgy. Bagumbayan, Libis, Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full time
The QA Specialist for Laboratory Operations will oversee the operations of the QA Laboratory of the Healthy Options Group and conduct regular testing on Healthy Options products and monitor its compliance to regulatory and internal standards.
- Manages the operation of the Healthy Options group Quality Assurance Laboratory
- Performs microbiological and physicochemical test on Healthy Options products (raw materials, processed food, raw meat, farm produce etc.)
- Monitors compliance of Healthy Options products to internal and regulatory standards.
- Develops, validates and/or verifies analytical methods to expand the laboratory’s capabilities.
- Conducts environmental monitoring of the QA Laboratory and other business units .
- Conducts research and development studies as needed.
- Ensures accuracy of results thru implementation of Good Laboratory Practices and enrollment in proficiency tests.
- Prepares Certificate of Analysis (CoA) and other pertinent documents; maintains technical records.
- Ensures laboratory safety.
- Liaises with government and external auditors for laboratory accreditation (NMIS, PAB, FDA).
- Performs other functions that may be assigned by the Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager in support of the company’s requirements.
Why Join Us?
- Be part of Asia’s largest all-natural product retailer for 25 years!
- Enjoy our beautiful and employee-friendly stores/office, with cute office pets in our HQ.
- Experience on-the-job skill development and mentoring program.
- Learn from our in-house and external training.
- Grow and challenge yourself to join our leadership development program.
- Work in a Company that values an entrepreneurial mindset on the job.
- Feel secure in our above industry compensation package.
- Join an organization that has a high retention rate, where people love where they work.
- Graduate of BS Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry or Food Technology
- Minimum of 4 years related work experience in microbiological and physico-chemical testing of food
- Has experience supervising a QA Laboratory
- Extensive knowledge on Food Safety, ISO 17025, HACCP, Good Laboratory Practice, Good Manufacturing Practice; knowledge on sensory evaluation is an advantage
- Leadership skills, detail-oriented and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Analytic and with good critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office; basic knowledge in using Cloud-based applications.
- Willing to work onsite at our QA Laboratory in Libis, QC.
Perks and Benefits
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Life Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Transportation Allowances
- Monthly Product Allowances
- Shuttle services (during community quarantine)
- Attendance Incentives
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- Supply Chain
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- 2/F Topy's Place Bldg. 4, Economia St. Cor. Calle Industria, Bgy. Bagumbayan, Libis
- Retail Industry
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.