The Finance and Accounting Manager shall manage and oversee the daily operations of the team; shall monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements; shall coordinate and complete annual audits; is also expected to make recommendations and improve the system and procedures, likewise, initiate corrective actions; is expected to meet financial accounting objectives; shall also establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions; is expected to efficiently handle taxation management and reconciliation of banks; shall resolve complex accounting issues or assists other personnel in resolving financial issues.
The Finance and Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
The Finance and Accounting Manager supervises a staff accountant and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
The Finance and Accounting Manager will have contact with senior-level Managers and the company’s Site Manager which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Lead, manage and coordinate the accounting and finance team.
- Review, Monitor and Implement internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Review and Finalize the preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, and/or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Drive the company’s financial planning and budgeting
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
- Manage vendor relationships
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports
- Coordinate and complete annual audits
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Do financial statement interpretation. analysis and recommendation
- Prepare Management Reports as required
- Maintain an organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions.
- Review general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly. and annual closing activities
- Produce quarterly and annual financial statements and ad hoc financial reports
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Candidate must possess a Professional License in Accountancy (CPA)
- Experienced Manager in General/Cost Accounting, Audit/Taxation or equivalent
- Have an excellent understanding of PEZA policies, rules, regulations and reportorial requirements
- Proficient in QuickBooks, yet comfortable working with manual accounting system
- Fluent in English, Filipino
- Has strong leadership. management and organizational skills
- Adept in written and verbal communication
- Has excellent interpersonal skills
- Can do cross-functional collaboration
- Has excellent project management skills
- Can work under pressure and meet required deadlines
- Has solid knowledge in basic accounting procedures. taxation and audit
- Five (5) to ten (10) years working experience as an Accounting Manager
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Discovery Center ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City
- Business Process Outsourcing
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.