Career and Learning Development (CLD) Section Head
- Quezon City, PhilippinesKatipunan Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Business Partnering and Accounts Management
- Keeps track of updates and developments that affect the University as an organization, including its employees.
- Partners with clients by understanding and addressing their needs, providing proactive solutions that meet present and long-term needs, and monitors progress of project plans and deliverables.
- Liaises with assigned school unit for their HR-related concerns and requirements, and recommends new technologies for possible improvements in the efficiency and accuracy of work processes.
- Benchmarks industry and general community methods and practices to measure and recognize the different levels of performance (e.g., exemplary, average, mediocre, poor), and possible development interventions to address each level.
- Oversees the design, implementation and evaluation of the performance management system, ensuring its effectiveness in capturing the performance of the employees; periodically reviews the system to check reliability in measuring employee performance vis-à-vis organizational performance.
- Educates the community on the importance of, including how to, conduct proper performance assessment, which is based on set goals and/or clear deliverables, and the performance feedback process.
- Tracks and analyzes performance trends, and works with units in addressing perennial and extraordinary performance concerns, developing high potential employees, and motivating and keeping consistent high performers.
- Profiles individual employee ratings and determines functions they may be ready to take on now and/or potentially be ready for in the foreseeable future.
Career Management and Development
- Designs and sets up the career management and development system for the University’s non-teaching personnel, which includes career pathing and promotion process, in consultation with the Organization Capability and Succession (OCS) Section Head.
- Oversees the career path of each position with the OCS Section Head, ensuring alignment with the overall organization structure of the University.
- Assists in the OCS Section in job (re)design and job evaluation.
- Designs and sets up a transition management system for career acceleration movements, in consultation with the OCS Section Head.
- Coordinates closely with the OCS Section Head for strategic organization set up, succession planning and employee retention.
- Assists offices define their transition plan prior to employee movements.
- Coordinates with the WSB Section Head in identifying internal employees who may potentially fill vacancies.
- Works with the Workforce Strategy and Branding (WSB) Section Head in developing an HR recruitment strategy which includes hiring for potential.
- Builds solid cross-functional relationships with various offices/units and partners in profiling employee capabilities and their potential, and in determining program priorities and roll out plans for employee career movement.
- Works with WSB Section Head in analyzing the current workforce and workforce situation in the University, which includes determining the readiness of employees to assume lateral and vertical positions, determining the fitness of an employee to a specific role, preparing reports for the top management.
- Works with employees who may potentially take on a new role.
Learning and Development Needs Analysis and Interventions
- Designs and conducts learning and development needs assessment to define competency gaps and other factors that hinder high employee performance level, in coordination with the heads of the OCSM Section and WSB Section.
- Designs learning and development intervention, including learning curricula and short-course modules, based on the learning needs to equip employees with skills and knowledge required to perform their present jobs, and prepare them to take on future roles.
- Oversees the delivery of learning programs, ensuring that various learning methods (coaching, job shadowing, online training etc.) are utilized to meet the learning styles, preferences, needs of employees.
- Partners with suitable resource persons, third party providers for delivery of learning and development activities.
- Monitors the attendance and learning outputs of employees.
- Delivers and (co)facilitates/conducts learning programs, when necessary.
- Monitors the effectiveness of learning interventions provided, including the manifestation of learning in the workplace by employee attendees.
- Works with the WSB Section Head in the development of a high quality orientation and onboarding experience, rooted in the University’s mission and values.
- Ensure that all employees are fully aware of the University expectations from them, and that unit heads are fully aware of what is expected from them during this period.
Internal Quality Assurance
- Works with the OCSM Section Head in determining the capability development needs of OHRMOD, based on its assessment.
- Assists in the OCS Section in job evaluation.
Section Management and Development
- Sets the direction of the Career and Learning Development Section, and determines its operational goals in alignment with Division and Office goals.
- Conducts strategic assessment and evaluation of the Section’s processes, programs and initiatives, ensuring continuous improvement, maintenance and adjustment in program delivery.
- Regularly monitors the achievement of Section metrics and goals.
- Works with the WSB in providing communication content to inform, educate, and engage the stakeholders.
- Oversees the development of policies in the Section, and provides inputs for the development of general HR policies.
- Prepares and monitors the Section’s budget and expenditures, and recommends cost-effective solutions for the Division.
- Manages the performance of employees in the Section by setting standards/targets, monitoring and evaluating performance, and providing development opportunities.
Perform other duties as may be required by the Immediate Supervisor and authorized representative.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership skills
- Advanced knowledge on career management, career pathing and performance management systems
- Knowledge on various learning development techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge in research and statistics
- Possesses strong facilitation and interview skills (asking right questions and active listening)
- Ability to conduct needs assessment, which includes data gathering, data analysis, and assessments to determine best course of action
- Critical and analytical thinking, has the ability to connect patterns and see the implications of actions to other systems/processes, analyze large scale data (qualitative and quantitative), and come up with recommendations
- Ability to systematically and scientifically track performance and development of employees, and provide recommendations on where to allocate resources
- Ability to design learning development interventions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as flexibility to adapt to and change new systems and methodologies.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time (attention to details & project management are must haves)
- Must be open to learning and ambiguity; ability to effectively adjust and manage a variety unexpected situations
- Strong communication skills, able to disseminate information/message in various modalities for different stakeholders
- Ability to innovate and partner changes; able to collaborate and deal with different levels of stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, partnering, negotiation skills
- Strong sense of urgency balanced with quality-result orientation
- Knowledge on statutory labor requirements
- Strong knowledge on presentations and several MS applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.)
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of management, psychology or any related course. MA or PhD will be an advantage.
- Eight (8) year experience conducting career progression, performance management, training and development preferably in more than one industry and/or Six (6) year experience in a similar role
- Five (5) year experience in managing and developing a team, planning and budget management
- Five (5) year experience facilitating learning interventions
- Five (5) year experience in managing and partnering clients
- Sound knowledge on statutory labor requirements related to Recruitment and Selection, and Benefits.
- Experience or knowledge on several work process improvement, organizational design, people analytics. Experience in an academic setting, an advantage
- Learning Strategies
- Learning Management System LMS
- Organizing and Planning
- Performance Management and Coaching
- Program Evaluation
- Training Facilitation
- Curriculum Design and Development
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.